Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful book, lopeanha! :D I enjoyed it so much and look forward to hearing what you think about it.

I only have 100 pages left and I can't wait to find out what really happend. Love the book so far and already put the next two books on my wishlist :D The german books are very pretty hardcover editions :wub:

I received The Death and Life of Sylvia Plath by Ronald Hayman in the mail today. I'm very happy to have finally found a copy! :)

I also read around 30 pages of Sourcery and just a few more of The Group.

I only have 100 pages left and I can't wait to find out what really happend. Love the book so far and already put the next two books on my wishlist :D The german books are very pretty hardcover editions :wub:

Oooooh yay! I'm so glad you are loving it :D. I've read the first two and am hoping to get the third soon. Don't you just love Flavia? She's hilarious.

I read about 50 pages of A Discovery of Witches last night before bed, and I must admit that I sneaked a couple glances ahead to find out what happens with Diana and Matthew :lurker:.

still far to busy to get any reading done. No major dent in TOm Holt portable door, and I have reading group tomorrow and I haven't even started my book. I think I'm gonna have to give up rading until all this crazy stuff is finished :( *cries*

I've nearly finished: before they are hanged by Joe Ambercrombie. can't wait to move onto the next.

Sorry I just read your post!! I love his books. Fantastic! I'm slowly getting a collection of beautiful large edition paperbacks. They are so pretty.

Oooooh yay! I'm so glad you are loving it :D. I've read the first two and am hoping to get the third soon. Don't you just love Flavia? She's hilarious.

Guess what I got for my birthday yesterday from bf ... the second Flavia book :D Oh it's so pretty :wub:

51LHjqNsX0L._SL500_SL135_.jpg

I also treated myself to four new books to make myself a nice present. Birthday is just a wonderful excuse to go nuts with bookshopping :D

Jeffery Deaver > Nachtschrei (The bodies left behind)

Colin Cotterill > Killed at the whim of a hat

41W3g0pNlTL._SL500_SL135_.jpg51jhQSVSR1L._SL500_SL135_.jpg

Edited by lopeanha

Great buys lopeanha :)

I just ordered from amazon ~

The Group by Mary McCarthy

The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group by Catherine Jinks

:bookworm:

Guess what I got for my birthday yesterday from bf ... the second Flavia book :D Oh it's so pretty :wub:

51LHjqNsX0L._SL500_SL135_.jpg

Ooooh, excellent, Lopeanha! It's VERY pretty! :D That cover is much more elaborate than the US version. Can't wait to hear what you think of the story!

I only managed a few pages of A Discovery of Witches last night before I gave up and turned out the light. It's such a large book and hard to hold up in bed! :lol:

Received some books from a friend yesterday

The Brooklyn Follies-Paul Auster

Moon Palace-Paul Auster

The Music Of Chance-Paul Auster

Cavedweller-Dorothy Allison

The Demon- Hubert Selby Jr.

I Am The Messenger-Markus Zuzak

Seperate Flights-Andre Dubus

Affliction-Russell Banks

^ Nice haul, Sofia! :)

I've finished White Line Fever and started and finished The Old Man and the Sea. I'm currently reading Gump & Co. by Winstom Groom, and have also started reading The Portable Dorothy Parker, which I expect to read in bits and pieces. Have only read the first short story so far but really loved it.

Edited by frankie

I've just finished reading 'A is for Alibi' by Sue Grafton. For me it was a good start to the series and I've just ordered 'B is for Burglar'. I'm no going to start reading 'Step on a Crack' by James Patterson & Michael Ledwidge.

still far to busy to get any reading done. No major dent in TOm Holt portable door, and I have reading group tomorrow and I haven't even started my book. I think I'm gonna have to give up rading until all this crazy stuff is finished :( *cries*

Sorry I just read your post!! I love his books. Fantastic! I'm slowly getting a collection of beautiful large edition paperbacks. They are so pretty.

Good luck with that catwoman! I'm definately going to try and collect a few myself ;)

Received a copy of Oranges and Sunshine by Margaret Humphreys in the post today - a promotional freebie, I think, to tie in with a recent film. It's the story of how a social worker from Nottingham stumbled across the fact that thousands of children had been sent to the Colonies, by the British Government, over many decades, and how she brought the scandal to light, reunited many families and even forced an apology from the Prime Minister.

Sounds like a good read.

Received a copy of Oranges and Sunshine by Margaret Humphreys in the post today - a promotional freebie, I think, to tie in with a recent film. It's the story of how a social worker from Nottingham stumbled across the fact that thousands of children had been sent to the Colonies, by the British Government, over many decades, and how she brought the scandal to light, reunited many families and even forced an apology from the Prime Minister.

Sounds like a good read.

Look forward to reading what you thought Roland, it does sound like a good read. Unfortunately I haven't managed any reading for a couple of days mainly due to being so busy at work it's left me too tired at niht to read. Hoping to rectify that soon :)

Still no reading. Went to my book club. Even though I didn't really have any reading to talk about.

But I was looking forward to getting my book of the month from the group. Oh.. Dear..God! It's Jeffery Archer's kane and Abel!!!

I vowed never ever to read one of his books. Looks like I wil be now.

This is gonna be interesting :irked:

I'm really enjoying 'The Infernal Devices~Clockwork Angel' by Cassandra Clare :)