Featured Author - Katherine Warwick

Well, if you do, sign me up! And in the meantime, any pointers you can give me on any of the shorts I've been posting here will be most welcome, good or bad - I'm all for improving. :D

Sure, Kell. I'd be happy to!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KW writes...

Oh my...fame at last! :D Not quite what I had in mind LOL, but I admire your imagination KW.

(If you catch me Madcow, you won't eat me will you?) :D

PP:lol:

No i won't, well not in one sitting anyway :D

I'm not complaining...honest :D ...grovel grovel grovel.

It would be cool to be a character in one of your books KW, no matter how nasty and horrible you make me :D and if I could dance as well now that would be a bonus :D

I still have The Girl that Loved Tom Gordon sitting by my bedside...in fact, the friend that gave it to me just asked me if I'd read it yet and I had to bow my head and say, "No."

But then she and I are even -- she hasn't yet read AOV, which I gave her back in Oct!!!!!!!!!

Not that Im' waiting until she DOES read it -- that's just a coincidence.

KW when you do get down to writing do you have to have a relaxed atmosphere? complete silence or do you listen to music and if so what? and do you manage to get any writing done when your family is at home?

Hey Madcow -

I usually create a musical soundtrack for each book -- it seals the creative gap when time has passed. I pop in the music and I'm in the "mood" of the piece...it's a little trick that works for me rather than re-reading large chunks to "get back into it".

Right now I'm going through my last run-through of a WIP and so that CD goes on an endless loop while I'm working.

Hello,

Would you like to see any of your books made into a film? and if so, what book would it be?

:D

Hello Maureen,

It took a couple of years because it first started out in omniscient POV. Then I read a gripping book called "Goat" by Brad Land and knew I had to start over and show the story exclusively from John's POV. I knew the story would be more powerful that way.

Hello,

Would you like to see any of your books made into a film? and if so, what book would it be?

:D

I can't imagine an author that wouldn't want to see their work in film. Two novels I haven't yet released would lend themselves nicely to film -- both have suspense elements. And then I'd love to see An Open Vein done by some far out indy producer that could pull off something with only two men and tons of intensity. It'd be a great dramatic role oppertunity for two actors. ( Of course screenplays can change a lot when adapted from books ) And I'm actually playing around with writing one for it now -- just for the variety and excersize. And I've added some smaller roles because film plays out differently than a novel.

Kane: some good older gents: Anthony Hopkins ( might be too old ), Gene Hackman, Kevin Spacey or Frank Langella

John: ? There aren't a lot of young actors in their 20's that can look like teenagers. And I'm not that familiar with teenaged actors.

Great question!

Hi Michelle,

Actually, no. With six, it was all I could do to manage the day. It's only been since they've gotten older, self-sufficient and my days have quieted some that I've been able to think in story patterns.

But now, they are the beneficiaries. Two of my YA stories are their stories...with some twists to protect the innocent.:D