I have a guinea pig too, but he's of the furrier kind :lol:

Ha ha waving food in front of them and snapping as quickly as possible

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pickle,Brida please excuse my excitement but you have guinea pigs!!!!!! I love guinea pigs, they are so cute :)

Abby ~ Piper is so cute, and yay she loves books! :)

I want a kitten :(

Aww! They're so cute, pickle! Which one is 'pickle'?

In high school our science class had a long haired guinea pig named Toupe (because he looked like a big carroty hair piece!) giggle.gif They're such cute creatures!

Aw, Paula! You are more than welcome to come visit Piper whenever you want. I didn't really realize it at first, but having one as young as she is is much more work than a regular cat! She's like having a baby!

I'm going to an animal shelter this weekend to look at getting a pet. I'm thinking a cat would be most suitable for me with my living arrangements (I live in a townhouse). I've never had a pet of any kind before so I'm a little nervous. blush.gif

I was wondering if anyone has/had a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel? I believe they're supposed to be quiet dogs, and I would really love to have a dog, but I don't want to risk getting a noisy dog which would then cause all sorts of problems with the neighbours. Does anyone have any advice?

^^ Good luck with that Kylie, have fun! :D

It's so exciting getting a new pet, right?

Well cats are pretty independent so that might be a good choice for a first pet. As for the Spaniel, I'm affraid I don't have a Cavalier (although I do quite like them), I have a Springer Spaniel, and she tends to bark. She didn't before, only when she was ''protecting'' lol, but she became different after our old dog died, cos she had never been ''alone'', an only dog if you will :D But apparently Springer Spaniels aren't supposed to be loud or bark as much so she must be special :D

I do see a lot of Cavalier's in town and they all seem pretty calm and quiet, which is unusual for small dogs.

Don't know if this helps.

I'm going to an animal shelter this weekend to look at getting a pet. I'm thinking a cat would be most suitable for me with my living arrangements (I live in a townhouse). I've never had a pet of any kind before so I'm a little nervous. blush.gif

I was wondering if anyone has/had a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel? I believe they're supposed to be quiet dogs, and I would really love to have a dog, but I don't want to risk getting a noisy dog which would then cause all sorts of problems with the neighbours. Does anyone have any advice?

I think a cat would be better with your living arrangements as they can be left to their own devices. As for Cavvies I think it depends on the dog. I worked in dog grooming for a time and we had two males who were raving mad and quite noisy, but also had a really sweet female who was as good as gold!

If you wanted to re-home one I would speak to the kennel staff to get an idea of the temperament of the dog. If buying from a breeder make sure you see the parents, this will help you judge what the pups will be like.

Hope this was helpful! :D

Thanks all. I will be away from the house a bit, so I guess a cat would be better.

I'll have a chat to the good folk at the animal shelter this weekend. I shouldn't really get a pet this weekend because I'm supposed to get written permission first (I hate living in strata :irked: ).

That's so exciting, Kylie! I'm happy you're going to be doing this :) If you're going to be getting a cat for the first time, I'd recommend getting an older cat as a kitten can be a huge adjustment. You need to teach them not to claw things, deal with playfulness in the middle of the night, etc. It can be a bit frusturating if you're not used to it where as an older cat will be much calmer and (hopefully) have already cracked most of the bad habits in a previous home.

Good luck with your pet searching!

Thanks Abby! Just earlier today I saw a pic of a 3-year-old cat at the shelter I'll be visiting tomorrow. It's a very quiet cat and seems quite suited to my personality. I'm not getting ahead of myself though. I found out it will take me 3 weeks to get permission to keep a cat, although I don't expect there'd be any problems. I can't wait to go looking tomorrow. :)

Good luck Kylie! I so want another cat but my husband and Quinn are not having it :)

Speaking of the Quinnster ~

Quinnstaring.jpg

Quinn3-2.jpg

^As weird and silly as it sounds, this is the look on Quinn's face when I told her she couldn't eat paperclips :lol: she put her head on the table and let out a big sigh :lol:

A very awake Dylan ~

Dylanincolour.jpg

If you're going to be getting a cat for the first time, I'd recommend getting an older cat as a kitten can be a huge adjustment.

I hear ya, Quinn was a wee ball of energy when she was a kitten, I couldn't believe something so small could make so much mess! :lol:

Lovely photos Weave. What handsome cats.

We are trying to adopt a cat at the moment. We already had one disappointment when another family adopted the cat I fell in love with at the shelter last weekend before I managed to confirm I had cat sitters for my holiday :(

Hopefully we'll take another look next weekend.

I'm delaying buying a pet for a couple of months, but you can bet I'll have a cat before Christmas!

Awwww, wonderful, Kylie! I can't wait for you to get one :D. I can't imagine my life without a cat in it.

We brought our new cat home yesterday :-) She is a nervy little thing though and spent most of her first day hiding behind the washing machine - bless.

Congratulations Andrea :), does she have a name yet? :)