First impressions mean everything, don't they?

Tristan

That's what I tell myself when I meet someone new and he/she doesn't like me. It isn't my fault, it's theirs! Does wonders for my ego. ;)

So true. We'll get on well, and if we don't, see the above statement ^. :lol:

But, in all seriousness, welcome to the forum. :lol:

So, this Wednesday I rushed to a well-reputed book store and bought me the Gothic masterpieces 'Dracula' (Stoker) and 'The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde' (Stevenson). Later, I will buy 'Frankenstein' as well, for completion's sake. :)

Some trivial info, for those who are interested:

Age - 22

Occupation - (Poor) student, journalism

Other interests - Manga, Comics, Music, History, Philosophy, Art

Welcome! :)

Trivial info is always good! Manga is awesome, do you watch much anime? We have a thread for both somewhere around the place. I love History, Philosophy and Art too (studied Philosophy in Uni).

Also, all those gothic classics are awesome, Frankenstein is probably my favourite but I pretty much love anything gothic by default :D

Welcome! :)

Trivial info is always good! Manga is awesome, do you watch much anime? We have a thread for both somewhere around the place. I love History, Philosophy and Art too (studied Philosophy in Uni).

Also, all those gothic classics are awesome, Frankenstein is probably my favourite but I pretty much love anything gothic by default :D

Well, I try to but it's hard. It's rather expensive in these parts (import) and I haven't got much time to dedicate to it. I have seen Akira, Paprika and Ghost in the Shell though. That must count for something, right? :D

Well, I'll let you know what I think of them when I've read them( must start with that blog sometime..). So, yeah, looking forward to some further discussions with you. :)

• 3 months later...

Greetings everyone, it's me again.

After a period of absence, I've decided to return to this lovely forum once more. Because of work (and some other factors I won't elaborate on) I wasn't able to fully (not even partially) commit myself to reading anymore. But, with the summer holidays in sight, all that will surely change.

In short, you'll be hearing a lot more from me in the future. As always, I'm looking forward to discussing literature with you fellow book lovers.

That was all. :blush:

• 1 month later...