Did anyone read The Hardy Boys by Franklin W Dixon?

One of the all time mystery series the Hardy Boys has always been on the top of my list for mystery books but they seem to be quite old has anyone else read them and loved them?

I loved the Hardy Boys! They rocked!! Much much better than Nancy Drew, in my opinion. I read all of them (I think) growing up, thought they were brilliant!

Edit: Ok, guess not - I just Google'd it & they've apparently been writing these books since 1927 & are still writing them! Who knew? ;)

Edited by Ceinwenn

Our whole family sat around and read them, oui, and they were thrilling, always getting out of the way just in the nick of time. And they seemed to have mysteries of more national scale , involving espionage type situations , stealing of plans , etc. where Nancy Drew had simpler things to tackle with her little friends oui?

Our whole family sat around and read them, oui, and they were thrilling, always getting out of the way just in the nick of time. And they seemed to have mysteries of more national scale , involving espionage type situations , stealing of plans , etc. where Nancy Drew had simpler things to tackle with her little friends oui?

I completely agree! My mother would read some of them to me when I was little and I would always try and guess who the culprit is and I would always be suprised!

Edited by Christie
try