Carole Matthews - It's a Kind of Magic

I ran across "It's a Kind of Magic" at the bookstore today, and had never seen this book before.. I know some of Matthews' books have different titles in the UK than the USA, so I came home to do some investigating to see if may be a book I'd read before but didn't remember well. On carolematthews.com, it lists all her books by USA titles, and on another page, all of her books by the UK titles. I can't seem to find any overlap for "It's a Kind of Magic."

Anyone out there read this book, or know if it's simply not available outside of the UK? The answers probably obvious and right in front of my nose, but I'm just not seeing it! :smile2:

Here's the blurb:

Emma and Leo have been together - off and on - for ever. But their relationship seems to have lost its spark - it's as though the magic has gone.

When Leo turns up at Emma's thirtieth birthday dinner unforgivably late and horribly drunk, embarrassing her in front of her family, she can't help wishing things were different. In fact, she wishes Leo was different. She loves him very much but if someone could wave a magic wand and turn him into a reliable, considerate boyfriend it would certainly save her a lot of trouble.

When Leo's path crosses with a decidedly sparkly wisp of a girl called Isobel, he falls under her magic spell and Emma sees him altering before her very eyes. Soon she regrets wishing for a 'new' Leo at all. And, surely, Isobel can't be for real? One thing's clear, if Emma's going to win him back, she'll need to do some changing of her own...

I bought this book a while ago Beth and had to give up on it - the first time I've ever had to give up on a Carol Matthews book. I struggled through the first one hundred pages and tried to perservere with it, but just couldn't. I found the whole thing a bit weird to be honest. It's not her usual type of book.

This is the only Carole Matthews book I didn't enjoy. I read until the end, as I'd paid for the book, so wanted to know what happened. It's not that it was a 'fantasy' book, as I read one by Alexandra Potter and was able to suspend my disbelief. I think I just didn't like the characters enough.

However, subsequent books are great, and she's back to her best.