Have read this book for my book club.

6hn8kk.jpg

Product details

Paperback

Publisher: Orion Paperback (2000)

ASIN: B0012UH028

Synopsis

A DARKNESS MORE THAN NIGHT

Terry McCaleb's enforced quiet lifestyle is a far cry from the excitement of his former role as an FBI profiler. But when a small-time criminal is found dead, McCaleb becomes embroiled in a disturbing and complex case leading him to cross the path of Harry Bosch.

The above informatiom came from Amazon

My Thoughts

This book was No 7 in the Harry Bosch Series and so far is my favourite in the series.

You are Kept until the end to find out who did what and you are left thinking that your friend Bosch is in big trouble. There are two main characters in this book our Harry and a retired FBI agent Terry McCaleb. They are invovled in a case that took place four years ago Terry is researching and Harry is at court for another case. Is Harry invovled in the case that Terry is looking at or is someone setting him up. You are kept going all the way through the book with all its twists and turns as usual with Michael Connelly you cant put his bookd down

Edited by Echo

• 9 months later...
Guest velocipede2288

Well I just gave up on a Michael Connelly book, Chasing the Dime. I only got to 20 pages and I was yawning. Just couldn't go any further.

I had just struggled through a Christopher G. Moore novel, The Risk of Infidelity Index. It was as long winded as the title. Had to force myself to go to the end.Only then did anything exciting happen. Most of the book was inconsequential of the real story. The full tale could have been written in 100 paged instead of 330.

I expect a Thriller to be thrilling. Not about big business and wheeling and dealing. There was no mystery involved, a book should grip you from the start this didn't. I couldn't struggle through the Connelly's book just after this one, I like to be entertained when I read. These two didn't do that for me.

Give me an Ian Rankin or Collin Dexter anytime.

Edited by velocipede2288

Heather have you read the original 1st book with Terry Mccabe called blood work....it was fantastic...although I would say i am the original connelly fan having read them all the latest Nine Dragons was brilliant..heres a link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Work-Michael-Connelly/dp/1409116794/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265380373&sr=1-1

runner

Edited by runner

I liked Blood Work too, I think it was probably one of the first Michael Connelly books that I ever read.

I watched the film (with Clint Eastwood) after reading it and they had completely changed the characters around!

Edited by Melisa

Nice to see Melisa that you are a Gerristen fan my favourite is Harvest what about you....have you read any Mo Hayder?

I actually really liked 'Vanish' although it was quite sad - I think I actually had a tear in my eye as I was reading!

I also really liked The Surgeon and it's sequels. I actually got it free with a magazine and that's how I was introduced to her books.

I've got The Bone Garden to read along with Keeping the Dead!

Not read any Mo Hayder actually - any recommendations?

I actually really liked 'Vanish' although it was quite sad - I think I actually had a tear in my eye as I was reading!

I also really liked The Surgeon and it's sequels. I actually got it free with a magazine and that's how I was introduced to her books.

I've got The Bone Garden to read along with Keeping the Dead!

Not read any Mo Hayder actually - any recommendations?

Hi Melissa

I like all the DI Caffery series espec the last 2 skin and ritual. She was at one time a lecturer at Bath uni and as i live in Hanham just down the road her books have a personal touch. Her style is very easy to read and a little different from the usual run of crime novels.