Recently published GOOD crime novels

Hi

I'm in great need of quite recently (so that i have not red them already) published crime novells. Does anyone have any good ideas? I have red some of john grishams newest books, and think he's past his best days... What is good today? Anything i should ahve red?

Best regards Hella

Have you tried Stuart MacBride - Cold Granite. The are murder/thriller and a bit gruesome in parts but they have a certain humour about them too. If you use the 'search' up above you may be able to find some links to his books. Or just try in the specific section for Crime etc.

Edited by Inver

I was going to recommend Stuart Macbride too. Also Christopher Brookmyre - he's very good and had a dark thread of humour running through his writing that's very appealing too.

One author I'm always banging on about is Stieg Larsson. His books 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' and 'The Girl Who Played With Fire' are some of the best I've ever read. Try them. You'll love them. :friends0:

One author I'm always banging on about is Stieg Larsson. His books 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' ... the best I've ever read. :friends0:

Ooh, I have this one on Mount TBR - I shall have to see about bumpinb it up a bit now!

Ooh, I have this one on Mount TBR - I shall have to see about bumpinb it up a bit now!

I've found a bunch of really good crime writers. For a thumping good crime thriller that really sucks you in, why not try Michael Marshall and Jack Kerley (or J.A.Kerley as he's writing under now). These guys are always great. And I also keep raving about Harlan Coben. Every book's a winner! There's also a book called Bad Monkey's by Matt Ruff that blew me away. I read the thing in just two sittings. Very nearly didn't pick it up, only under persistent insistance from my friend John. Don't read the blurb, ignore the cartoony cover, just enjoy. :friends0:

One author I'm always banging on about is Stieg Larsson. His books 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' and 'The Girl Who Played With Fire' are some of the best I've ever read. Try them. You'll love them. :friends0:

Okay, I read that totally wrong the first time... *cracks up*

Okay, I read that totally wrong the first time... *cracks up*

I've just re-read my last post and it would appear to contain a few more euphemisms. There are more double entendres in their than a script by Julian Clarey...sorry guys! :shrug:

I quite like Karen Rose. Her books do tend to stick to a similar formula but the stories are very good. Not too complicated and not too gory, she even pops in the odd twist in the tail.

I like Karen Rose too I have her Count to Ten on my TBR pile.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

James Lee Burke is the best IMHO. Once you get hooked on him it is difficult not to read everything he has written, which I have. His books keep you engrossed and makes you want to keep reading until the book is finished.

One author I'm always banging on about is Stieg Larsson. His books 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' and 'The Girl Who Played With Fire' are some of the best I've ever read. Try them. You'll love them. :lol:

There's one more to come, then that's it sadly. Although I believe he left detailed plots for three more in the series.

No one's mentioned Sansom's Shardlake series. The first is Dissolution. I guarantee that if you read that one, you will be hooked!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I have been really short of good books lately. Have started several and just had to give them up after 150 pages or so because they weren't going anywhere. Thank goodness for Lee Childs latest which I've just flown through.

Can anyone recommend any authors out there for me. I've read all of Lee Childs, Michael Connelly, Dick Francis, Dan Brown. I like to look for books that aren't simple murder cases solved by inspectors if you know what I mean.

I'm new to this forum and would appreciate anyones recommended reads.

Cheers,

Mark.

There are a whole bunch of them recommended already, hence me moving your thread and merging it with the existing one. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am a first time poster! I wanted to recommend David Levien to anyone who is on the look out for a Harlan Coben / Linwood Barclay type book. I just finished City of the Sun. Has anyone else come across Levien?

Hello, I am a first time poster! I wanted to recommend David Levien to anyone who is on the look out for a Harlan Coben / Linwood Barclay type book. I just finished City of the Sun. Has anyone else come across Levien?

This book is fantastic. I highly recommend it.

• 4 weeks later...