Welcome Back! An Update

Hayley

Hi everyone! I'm so happy the forum is back online and I'm so sorry we've been down for so long.

I tried to keep in touch with everyone while the issues were ongoing but I know some of you probably won't have seen any of the updates.

I won't go into too much detail about the issues we had because it's quite a long story and I'm sure you don't want me to bore you with it but, basically, the update we tried to implement last Tuesday (partly in the hope it would fix some of the loading issues we were having) caused a series of errors that took the site down entirely. Then our backup, the thing that is supposed to protect us from errors like that, failed.  

I am aware that there may be some existing issues but I'm pretty happy with all the checks I've done so far. If anybody notices anything odd though (missing posts for example, or messages) please let me know straight away. 

There is one database we use to run this forum which has caused many problems, basically because it is huge. It needs to be separated into smaller databases but that is something I can't do myself. Over the next few days I'll be trying to find someone who can help us with it but until then there may still be times when the forum is a little slow.  

I think that's all I need to tell you right now! I'm so happy and so tired, so now I'm going to have a nice long sleep and I'll speak to you tomorrow!

I'm glad to see the forum back! Thank you for all your efforts :flowers2:. It must have been a stressful time for you :empathy:.

I haven't browsed the forum much yet other than the main index and this topic. The only thing I've noticed, is that when I hover over your, or anyone else's, name, it used to show bits of the member's profile, but now it says: There was a problem loading this content.

3 hours ago, Athena said:

I'm glad to see the forum back! Thank you for all your efforts :flowers2:. It must have been a stressful time for you :empathy:.

I haven't browsed the forum much yet other than the main index and this topic. The only thing I've noticed, is that when I hover over your, or anyone else's, name, it used to show bits of the member's profile, but now it says: There was a problem loading this content.

It was pretty stressful but we’re back so it was worth it :)
Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn’t noticed until you said it. It looks like our actual profiles are fine so it shouldn’t be too much of a problem, I’ll look into it!