• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

BCF on Patreon!   11/10/2018

I'm very excited to finally share with you that BCF now has patreon! I'm sure some of you are familiar with patreon already, but for those who aren't here's what it means for the forum:   You will now be able to support the forum monthly. The amount you'd like to give is entirely up to you but, the more you give, the more rewards you get. The rewards (this is the most exciting part!) include entry to a monthly competition when you donate $2 or more. I really cannot wait to show you the first competition prize!   I really do need your support to keep this forum running and I hope that with patreon I can give something back to those who do support too. I am also aware that there's a possibility this might not work. For that reason, I'll be running it on a 6 month trial and I would really appreciate your feedback in that time.   Members who are current supporters will get automatic entry into the competitions until their current years membership runs out (although obviously you can still join the patreon before your current membership runs out if you want to!)   If you have any questions just send me a message, or come to the 'Changes' section of the forum.   If you'd like to get started on patreon, you can find the Book Club Forum here... https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum       
Sign in to follow this  
Cabrasopa

Hi all, been away, now I'm back

I was a member a few years ago but drifted away, nice to be back 

I read almost anything as long as it keeps my interest. Looking forward to some recommendations.

Those of you who know Spanish will understand my Username, or not!

I'm also a big wine drinker and read anything to do with the subject, fiction or non fiction, just finished reading the Billionaire's Vinegar (great read even if you don't drink or like wine).

Books I've got to read currently sitting on the shelf are

The Queen of the South - Arturo Perez- Reverte

The Seville Communion - Arturo Perez - Reverte

The Silent Companions - Laura Purcell

The Dead Fathers Club - Matt Haig

Salud & Read well

Welcome back! :)

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Matt Haig recently and 'The Dead Fathers Club' sounds like a really interesting place to start.

Out of interest, what fiction have you read that's related to wine?

3 hours ago, Cabrasopa said:

I was a member a few years ago but drifted away, nice to be back 

I read almost anything as long as it keeps my interest. Looking forward to some recommendations.

Those of you who know Spanish will understand my Username, or not!

I'm also a big wine drinker and read anything to do with the subject, fiction or non fiction, just finished reading the Billionaire's Vinegar (great read even if you don't drink or like wine).

Books I've got to read currently sitting on the shelf are

The Queen of the South - Arturo Perez- Reverte

The Seville Communion - Arturo Perez - Reverte

The Silent Companions - Laura Purcell

The Dead Fathers Club - Matt Haig

Salud & Read well

I also enjoy wine. My favorite Spanish wine is La Rioja Alta, both the 904 Grand Reserve and the Ardanza. I hope that you may be able to recommend some other nice Spanish wines.

Welcome Back! I enjoy reading Matt Haig's book, but I haven't read 'The Dead Fathers Club'. I hope you enjoy it.:)

Hi Hayley

There are not many fiction wine books, most are in the romance genre, although I read a couple of good Mystery crime novels set in the world of wine

The Dark Vineyard - Martin Walker

A Long Finish - Michael Dibdin

If you enjoy comedy then.... 

Sideways - Rex Pickett is very good

Regarding Mat Haig, I read 'Humans' which was excellent

Edited by Cabrasopa