Your Book Activity - January 2016

Kylie

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, this was a great read in my opinion, made more poignant by the fact that it was based on real events. I did read it in bigger chunks if I remember correctly but couldn't say whether that helped. Great writing and I keep meaning to read another of hers, I have Caleb's Crossing on my shelves which also gets good reviews. I hope you regard it as highly as I do when you get to the end. :)

The writing is beautiful. I've read a good 50 pages today and it has now properly sucked me in.

Finished A Little Life - I flew through the 700 pages these last 2 days but I'm left with a very odd feeling; so because I  needed something very light after this, I started Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone earlier today :D It's my intention to re-read all of them this year, I always end up just re-reading the first one and I'm starting to forget details from later books.

I hope you'll get to read all of them, this time!

I'm reading Natasha Farrant - The Diaries of Bluebell Gadsby 1: After Iris, a library loan. I liked the second book in the series, but so far I'm not loving the first book. I'll give it a bit longer and see how it goes.

I'm about halfway through The Hunger Games - why did i not read this before? Its amazing!

Glad you like it :). I quite liked it, I know some others on here did too. I hope you enjoy the second half of the book just as much as the first.

I bought a few books with Christmas in the title so working my way through those over the next couple of weeks with others of course.

Christmas on Primrose Hill - which has made me laugh out loud a few times so far

Christmas Cracker - which I got because it had one of the Chronicles of St Marys short stories in it.

The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris - this is good I just need time to read more than a couple of pages at a time.

I started Sunshine on Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith today.  I like the concept of this series, originally published in instalments in a newspaper, the way Dickens used to publish his books, but as with the other McCall Smith series, I find it's running out of steam a bit.  Not sure if I'll read any more after this one.

:lol: :lol: Are you enjoying the weird? :D

I am, and I can also see why many people have chosen it as the most disturbing book they have read. It's made more disturbing by the fact that a lot of hints but no real facts are given (so far, anyway) ....makes it feel sort of unsettling. :blink:

I am, and I can also see why many people have chosen it as the most disturbing book they have read. It's made more disturbing by the fact that a lot of hints but no real facts are given (so far, anyway) ....makes it feel sort of unsettling. :blink:

I know what you mean! Unsettling is a very good choice of words :yes: 

I'm about halfway through The Hunger Games - why did i not read this before? Its amazing!

I've read them multiple time and have never gotten tired of them!

I'm stuck in The Lemon Tree, but hopefully, it is coming together.  It's mostly about the history of Israel, so a bit challenging. 

Let me start by saying Happy New year everyone!! I hope you all had a great christmas and brought in the new year safely and happily. I am currently reading Picture perfect by Cameron Dokey - Charmed books series.  I have read some of this series but never finished it. Really enjoying it!

Shelfy

I finshed The Mammy by Brendan O'Carroll. I did enjoy it, but I was confused about whether I was supposed to find it darkly humorous or sad :roll: Still, fun to read the backstories he has for each of his characters.

Now reading Someone To Save You by Paul Pilkington. Only about 30 pages in and so far its all setup/character introduction. Think it's gonna be along the same lines as Follow You Home; mediocre writing but a face-paced guilty pleasure thriller. :)

I don't really feel like reading. I want to read but I don't really feel like reading any book I can think of. So, I'm going to try to start my remaining library loans to see if anything works for me, otherwise I'll try some of my own books. Hopefully I can find something I feel like reading. I don't like it when my "mojo" isn't cooperating :hide:.