Hi everyone

thelilradish

Hi all,

I joined the other day to ask about a book I couldn't remember the title of and realised that I didn't actually introduce myself in here - I'm not usually that rude haha!

My name is Selina, I'm 29 and I live in Wiltshire.

I've enjoyed reading since I was very small and blame my late father for this addiction haha, as he was a very big reader. We used to go to our village library together after school and my mum would often wonder where we'd got to as we would spend so long in there haha!

I'm currently reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and really enjoying it. It's such an unusual style of writing and I also love stories that are based in, around or just after the Second World War. I'm completely old fashioned and sometimes I wish I was born in this era. I love the styles, traditions and the way people act and speak. I really enjoy Annie Groves' books too and I've also started reading My Sweet Valentine in her Article Row series. I was sad to hear when she had died, but I'm glad that her family are still releasing the work that she was still working on.

I hope to stick around on here; it seems such a friendly place and the quick responses I got on my post where I was searching for the title of a book was amazing. I've been looking through the recommendations on here too and finding a lot more books to add to my TBR list - not that I really need anymore haha!!

Happy reading!

Selina

Hi lilradish! Nice username and avatar!

I'm a fan of history as well but I love the Renaissance era particularly the Tudor period. I too wish I was born in this era! The clothes were so beautiful.

What other authors do you like?

Hi cuppycakes!

I love your username too! I love baking when I get a chance :smile:

Ooo my mum is a big history fan and she's slowly getting me interested too, I see books set further back in time but am never brave enough to buy them. I'm stuck in the second world war haha! What would you recommend?

Other authors I like are CS Lewis, my favourite book ever is The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe; stuck since childhood. I like a huge variety really. I like some YA (even though I'm not one anymore haha!) and enjoyed Veronica Roth and Suzanne Collins.

I like some horror/thriller like Stephen King and Karin Slaughter. I also like Crime such as Lee Child (was NOT impressed with the film with Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher!), and Kate Atkinson.

I'll give pretty much anything a go if it sounds interesting! :smile:

Selina

Edited by thelilradish

Welcome here :)! I loved C.S. Lewis' books when I read them when I was a child. I haven't read them in a long time, I read them at the library but I think I might buy my own copy of them sometime. I also liked The Hunger Games trilogy, I have two books by Veronica Roth on my shelf but I haven't read them yet. I'm currently reading IT by Stephen King for I think the fourth time and am really enjoying it. I haven't read many other Stephen King books yet but I've got some on my shelf. It sounds like you'll fit right in. I hope you enjoy it here!

• 2 weeks later...