Your Book Activity ~ October 2012

Kylie

New members are not allowed to post links until they have reached 10 posts. And if you try to post again within a couple of minutes of your previous post, it will just combine your posts together (to prevent double posting).

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the Art Of Racing on the bus this morning. My next read is going to be Rivers Of London Ben Aaronovitch.

I dropped a bag of stuff off at the charity shop & came out with

Molesworth Geoffrey Willans & Ronald Searle

Six Suspects Vikas Swarup

Nicholas Nickleby

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall Anne Bronte

My next read is going to be Rivers Of London Ben Aaronovitch.

Ooh .. you're in for a treat :)

Nice book haul, I'm wanting to read The Tenant of Wildfell Hall .. I feel like I haven't given Anne enough attention.

Am gobbling up The Vanishing Act even though I shouldn't because it hasn't won the poll for the December Reading Circle book yet (and probably won't) but I glanced at it when I bought it home and carried on :D Also reading and enjoying The Paris Wife and Schindlers Ark.

I have started The Art of Racing in the Rain. With my reading rate, I'll be lucky to finish it by the end of the reading circle month, but at least I'll finish it! I seem to be starting an awful lot of books lately and not finishing them (which is a shame, because they've all been great). I think I'm in the middle of about 5 books now.

I don't want to jinx it, or create any pressure, but oooooh I'm so loving the fact that you've picked up the book and are reading it! :smile2: I hope you like it.

I also received a book in the mail today: I'm with the Band by Pamela Des Barres

Good stuff! I think it'll be a great read, I have no idea why I haven't read it yet, seeing as I've had it for at least 5 years already.

I finished The Art of Racing in the Rain, and have now moved on to the The Witches by Roald Dahl.

I finished the Art Of Racing on the bus this morning.

Hey bobblybear and Kidsmum: I shouldn't ask, and please save your most deepest thoughts for the reading circle, but I must know: did you like the book? :)

Am gobbling up The Vanishing Act even though I shouldn't because it hasn't won the poll for the December Reading Circle book yet (and probably won't) but I glanced at it when I bought it home and carried on :D Also reading and enjoying The Paris Wife and Schindlers Ark.

:giggle: Like I already said on FB, sometimes you cannot help starting a book when you know you shouldn't :giggle:

Schindler's Ark... I've seen the movie, have not read the book. I find it a bit annoying that there's Schindler's Ark and Schindler's List. I've just googled the author, to see if the List version of the title is only for the Nordic translations, and I found out Keneally is Australian :o

Ooh .. you're in for a treat :)

Nice book haul, I'm wanting to read The Tenant of Wildfell Hall .. I feel like I haven't given Anne enough attention.

I loved The Tenant of Wildfell Hall - hope you do too :)

And I have Schindler's Ark on my tbr - looking forward to getting to it...at some point!

I've finished Under the Dragon's Ztail - the second book in the Murdoch Mysteries series. Really enjoyed it. As I'm off on holiday on Friday, and don't tend to read much when I'm away, I'm taking Flappers and Philosophers by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and An A-Zof Hellraisers, by Robert Sellers; both easy ones to dip in and out of.

Hey bobblybear and Kidsmum: I shouldn't ask, and please save your most deepest thoughts for the reading circle, but I must know: did you like the book? :)

I loved it, but it's a re-read for me. I read it earlier this year, when a co-worker kept mentioning it. It was just as good the second time around, and I have to say it's the only book I've ever read twice in one year. :boogie:

Finished The Witches. Such a great imaginitive book. Now I'm going to start Yesterday's Gone: Season One which is a freebie on the Kindle. It's a post-apocalyptic serial thriller, so hopefully it'll be a good one!

Edited by bobblybear