• Announcements

• Hayley

Something Wicked This Way Comes...   10/09/2019

The Autumn Supporter Giveaway!       Welcome to the very first of the seasonal BCF supporter giveaways! This month also marks one year since I took on the forum, so I want to say an extra huge thank you to all of you for keeping this place going. I have a little bit more to say about that later but, for now, let's get to the giveaway!     The Autumn Giveaway winner will be getting two Penguin Little Black Classics, The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe and To Be Read At Dusk by Charles Dickens. Both of these little books contain three atmospheric short stories, perfect for autumnal evenings. The winner will also get Mary Shelley tea (a lavender and vanilla black tea) from Rosie Lea Tea's Literary Tea Collection (https://www.rosieleatea.co.uk/collections/literary-tea-collection) and a chocolate skull, to really get that spooky atmosphere .   and...   A special treat for a special month. The winner will choose one of the following recent paperback releases from the independent bookshop Big Green Bookshop:       The Wych Elm by Tana French A House of Ghosts by W.C. Ryan Melmoth by Sarah Perry The Familiars by Stacey Halls  The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White   The winner will be chosen via the usual random selection process in one week. Patreon supporters are entered automatically. If you aren't a patreon supporter but you'd like to join in with this giveaway, you can support here: https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum.   I really hope you're all going to like this introduction to the seasonal giveaways. It's been a lot of fun to put together. Other chocolate skulls may have been harmed during the selection process…     
xavdeman

Book where the killer decides based on a crowd or the internet if, who or how he kills?

I'm basically asking if there is any fiction (probably thriller or science fiction) where a murderer decides based on some kind of vote or poll who he kills, or they can suggest victims etc. I remember seeing a movie where the killer had a website the police could not take down, the first victim was an animal. It doesn't have to be the public making a choice between two victims, fiction where the killer poses a yes or no choice is also an answer (not to the victim, of course). If you know of any fiction with a theme like this, please answer this question! It would be a tremendous help.

I remember the film but I can't remember what it's called! Sorry, I will have a think.

Andie P x

This isn't it, and I haven't read it, but Velocity by Dean Koontz has a storyline where someone has to choose who dies next - he gets a choice of two victims each time.

I remember reading the synopsis when it came out and thinking it sounded an interesting premise - it sounds similar to what you're looking for.

This isn't it, and I haven't read it, but Velocity by Dean Koontz has a storyline where someone has to choose who dies next - he gets a choice of two victims each time.

I remember reading the synopsis when it came out and thinking it sounded an interesting premise - it sounds similar to what you're looking for.

I feel so stupid right now, because I actually read that book. I really liked it! But it's not really about the crowd or the internet. Any more?

I actually also saw a movie called Untraceable. But I am looking for more, especially books.

Sounds interesting. One of the Law & Order franchise, probably SVU, had an episode like that a few years ago.

Sounds interesting. One of the Law & Order franchise, probably SVU, had an episode like that a few years ago.

Interesting! Does anyone know which episode? I'd love to see it.

Hi, I read a book called Random recently by Craig Robertson where he seemingly chooses his victims at random - for example sitting on a bus he counts the number of passengers getting on or off & when he hits a certain number that's the person he kills.

I agree, "random" by craig robertson was pretty good. I don't know of any books where the killer decides based on an author. I forgot what the movie was that I saw a couple years ago where people voted to kill or not kill the victim.