Kylie

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I went out and bought three books. I got

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

The selection by Kiera Cass

The Enchantress (the secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel) by Michael Scott.

Two are the conclusions to series which is rather sad, and the third is a new to me author I liked the cover and as the deal was 3 for $30.00 I picked it up too.

I am STILL reading The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir. It's so dense with information that I find I can't read huge chunks in one go, otherwise I don't absorb what I'm reading. BUT I am really really enjoying this book, and usually when I've been reading a book for longer than about a week, I start itching to finish it, so that I can start something else. I haven't felt that way about this book though - it makes for fascinating reading, and I would definitely recommend it, based on the first half of it (which is all I've read so far).

I'm hoping to do a little book browsing tomorrow, going to one of my favourite places!

I'm presently reading Purge by Sofi Oksanen (it was a Kindle Daily Deal some time back) - really enjoying it (though enjoying may be the wrong word as it's quite a stark story.

I'm presently reading Purge by Sofi Oksanen (it was a Kindle Daily Deal some time back) - really enjoying it (though enjoying may be the wrong word as it's quite a stark story.

I'm very happy to hear that, it's one of my most favorite Finnish novels :smile2:

I'm very happy to hear that, it's one of my most favorite Finnish novels :smile2:

thanks Frankie. I must say it's very intruiging and difficult to put down!! I know I'm not reading her words but the translation is very good.

thanks Frankie. I must say it's very intruiging and difficult to put down!! I know I'm not reading her words but the translation is very good.

Good, I'm really happy that they've done a good job with the translation :)

I've finally finished This Boy's Life which I really liked, now moving onto challenge books.

Finished The lost Stories the final book in the Ranger's apprentice series. It was good to tie up loose ends but as usual I was bawling, I'll really miss these books - I'm forever greatful that the new cover art and $5.00 price tag drew me in all those years ago great Australian series.

I've read more of The Opposite of Fate today, and I'm really enjoying it, so much so, that I think The Joy Luck Club will be one of my first purchases after I finish all my TBR books!

I finally started reading this last night in bed, and I got to page 80 before I fell asleep :D It's been really intriguing! I've also been thinking I really want to read TJLC soon, I've already got a copy. If I don't get to reading it on my own in the near future (I have a lot of books waiting in line, challenge books, RC books), maybe I could join you when you have reached the infamous zero TBR and acquire a copy of the book :)

I finished Emotional Clearing by John Ruskan & have started The Song of The Lark by Willa Cather this is the first book I've read by this author & I'm really impressed less than 100 pages in & I'm hooked :smile:

Downloaded a few e-books (kindle for Mac) in the last few days:

Snatched - Karin Slaughter

I'm starved for you - Margaret Atwood

The demon you know - Julie Kenner

Ashes to ashes cinder to cinder - Jace Cameron

Snow white blood red - Jace Cameron

The Iron King - Julie Kagawa

The complete Wizard of Oz collection - Frank L. Baum

The fallen star - Jessica Sorensen

Maybe I should think about getting a kindle someday, which would be nicer to read on than my macbook...

I have read 2 books so far this month - one set in India (Witness the Night by Kishwar Desai), and one in Scotland (The Panoptican by Jenni Fagan). Both are very different books but explore some interesting themes,the former female infanticide and honour killngs and the the latter problem teens, drugs and prostitution. Both quite gritty then, and definately not for the faint hearted.

I am off to the Isles of Scilly for 2 weeks tomorrow and have downloaded 7 books for company, since the Wifi can be a bit iffy there - again all of them are different.

1) Outrage - Arnaldur Indridason (Iceland) -this is the 7th in a series of 8 so far published

2) The Door - Magda Szabo (Hungary)

3) The Conseqences of Love - Sulaiman Addonia (Saudi Arabia)

4) Signs of Life - Anna Raverat (England)

5) Me Before You - Jojo Moyes (England)

6) Heart Shaped Bruise - Tanya Byrne (England)

7) Divergent - Veronica Roth (United States)

Not sure which one I will read first. I will have to see what I feel like when I get on the train tomorrow morning. If this weather carries on the way it has been, I may have to download some more as I won't get much walking done !

Edited by Talisman

I finally started reading this last night in bed, and I got to page 80 before I fell asleep :D It's been really intriguing! I've also been thinking I really want to read TJLC soon, I've already got a copy. If I don't get to reading it on my own in the near future (I have a lot of books waiting in line, challenge books, RC books), maybe I could join you when you have reached the infamous zero TBR and acquire a copy of the book :)

Sounds like a plan!

I'm reading The Opposite of Fate by Amy Tan, and I'm enjoying it so much that I want to read more of her books now.

How great is it that we're all enjoying reading this book together :) I felt the same, Laura, and added all her novels to my wishlist after reading the first chapter :giggle2:

I'm about 300 pages in now, and might trying and fit in another reading session tonight.

Edited by chesilbeach

I have read 2 books so far this month - one set in India (Witness the Night by Kishwar Desai), and one in Scotland (The Panoptican by Jenni Fagan). Both are very different books but explore some interesting themes,the former female infanticide and honour killngs and the the latter problem teens, drugs and prostitution. Both quite gritty then, and definately not for the faint hearted.

I am off to the Isles of Scilly for 2 weeks tomorrow and have downloaded 7 books for company, since the Wifi can be a bit iffy there - again all of them are different.

1) Outrage - Arnaldur Indridason (Iceland) -this is the 7th in a series of 8 so far published

2) The Door - Magda Szabo (Hungary)

3) The Conseqences of Love - Sulaiman Addonia (Saudi Arabia)

4) Signs of Life - Anna Raverat (England)

5) Me Before You - Jojo Moyes (England)

6) Heart Shaped Bruise - Tanya Byrne (England)

7) Divergent - Veronica Roth (United States)

Not sure which one I will read first. I will have to see what I feel like when I get on the train tomorrow morning. If this weather carries on the way it has been, I may have to download some more as I won't get much walking done !

Have a great holiday! Divergent and Me Before You were both 5 star reads for me this year, hope you like them too! :)

Edited by chaliepud