Gossip Girl Books by Cecily von Ziegesar

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I watched the first episode of the show, and it was....OK. Not great. But I can't compare it to the books, as I've never read them. It's a perfectly adequate show, but I think it's going to annoy me, so I won't be watching it anymore.

See, the premise for the show is a bit crap. Then again, wasn't the OC along similar lines, and that turned out to be surprisingly successful.

Tbh, I reckon folk will tune in to watch it because it's just rife with pretty teenagers (male AND female), and that sort of thing appeals to the general public. I don't think a lot of people will be discerning enough to care though.

Like I said, I might watch an episode or 2 just because Kristen Bell is the Voice of GG. Other than that, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've watched about 9 episodes of the tv show, and i loved it. But as i could only watch it by downloading on the internet (in australia we only have like 10 channels, unless we get Foxtel for a price) i forgot.

anywhoo, can someone list all the books in order?? I don't even know how many there are :lol: i would really like to read them

• 1 year later...
I watched the first episode of the show, and it was....OK. Not great. But I can't compare it to the books, as I've never read them. It's a perfectly adequate show, but I think it's going to annoy me, so I won't be watching it anymore.

Exactly, never read them, watched the show, what? two times now i believe. It was alright, it's kind of addicting and annoying at the same time! So many characters, so many intertwined relationships. Do people not know how teenage lifes are anymore? Hahah, drama, drama, drama!

• 1 month later...

I absolutely love the TV show, it's one of my favourites. However, I do also love The OC and it's made by the same people so...

I haven't read the books yet, they're just not high on my list at the moment. But, I have been told the TV show is very different from the books - the storylines are different and many of the characters are nothing like their book counterparts. So perhaps I won't enjoy the books as much as the show.

• 6 months later...

I've not read the books but do like the show very much. a friend read some of them and said they are very different from each other. as I understand it the first book(s) is told from blair's pov whereas the show more has serena as the focus, and seeing as they don't really get along that well at first it gives them a different feel.. *rambling*