Gardening

muggle not

I am in the process of moving quite a few plants as we are about to have a big decked area done. Trouble finding new temporary homes for them in the back garden. Have been putting some new stuff in the front garden. Will start doing my seeds on Wednesday as it is supposed to be raining then. Will shut myself away for an hour or two in the greenhouse. Absolute bliss.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went out to get a pizza to bring home this evening. The restaurant is on a street that is exceptionally nice with lots of exceptional little shops. Next to the restaurant there is an Art shop that has original paintings for sale. They have a Carolina Jasmine growing along their picket fence by the sidewalk that has a fragrance that is out of this world. I could smell it from across the street. If I get down to that area soon I will take a photo of it.

We went out to get a pizza to bring home this evening. The restaurant is on a street that is exceptionally nice with lots of exceptional little shops. Next to the restaurant there is an Art shop that has original paintings for sale. They have a Carolina Jasmine growing along their picket fence by the sidewalk that has a fragrance that is out of this world. I could smell it from across the street. If I get down to that area again soon I will take a photo of it.

PP, your yew tree looks very nice - how tall does it get?

I am off to B&Q on Friday to buy lots and lots of bark to finish of my borders (my garden was totally overgrown when i moved in and finally after 3 years it is nearly finished!

Mum and Dad bought me an Azalia and Robbie has got me a Clemetis so i will be planting them in the next couple of days - it's all very exciting!

Oh and i will sow my sunflower seeds soon and also start thinking about getting some snap peas seeds! And i also want to try raspberries this year as well! :blush:

I have never grown pumpkins Wiccie...but its a good prompt for a story! World domination by pumpkins! LOL

I took a photo of the little Yew Tree that my daughter bought me for my birthday

Yewtreeedited.jpg

Not a very good picture! But it's just to commemorate the planting LOL>

I think it is nice when someone buys you a plant of some kind on special ocassions. Now, every time you look at it you will think of your daughter.

I am considering placing an order for these 2 different Coneflowers from Wayside Gardens.

2h5k9om.jpg350jxg9.jpg

Love the coneflowers - I've never managed to grow those. Bought some beetroot seedlings for my veg area plus some sweetpeas. My husband has to pop into work on Sunday for an hour and I suggested I accompany him so we can go on to Bridgemere garden centre (which is nearby) - goody!

I made a start with my B&Q vouchers today :blush: - I got a new rosemary (I kept forgetting to water my old one so it's looking a bit pitiful....), some peas and lots of fushcias so weather permitting I should be in the garden this weekend! Can't wait!

I managed to get a lilac bush today as well as a couple of fuschias' so weather permitting I'm in the garden tomorrow.

Oh Wow, I can't wait to order a Lilac from Wayside Gardens. Dogmatix found one that will grow in our climate zone.

I bought 2 of these Coneflowers today and have already planted them. Of course they are fairly small plants now but will grow. I only paid $3.99 each for them. I also bought a Bleeding Heart that I have planted in the shade near our porch.

2wd39t2.jpg

I have had a very succesful day in the garden today..i planted my Azalia, Clemetis, Rosemary and lots of fuschias!! I also replanted my Lavetara (i know that's spelt wrong - sorry!) and did a bit of weeding. I am feeling very pleased with myself! :blush:

Oh Louise - I feel for you!! I've had a a live one - it came in from the field at the back of our garden and when my husband chased it, it climbed up onto the garage roof and then back into the field :blush: . We found it's entry point, filled it with warfarin bait and then concrete.