Is this a real book ?

Greetings everyone,

first of all, I am not even sure, that this topic belong here, but here goes...

Few nights ago, I watched a movie called The Fearless Vampire Killers directed by Roman Polanski. At one point, the main character in the movie, stumbles upon the book named "A Hundred Goodlie ways of Avowing one's Sweet Love to a Comlie Damozel" printed in 1732 by Presse di Fratelli Seguin. That interesting title drew my attention so I decided to do a little research and find out more about the book. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any information on the internet, and started wondering if that is even a real book. Maybe Polanski just threw it in there for a bit of fun?!

So if anyone can help me solve this little mystery I'll be very happy! :)

Here is the still image from the movie:

O7hVk.jpg

I certainly can't find even a brief mention of it anywhere online, so I suspect it's a fictional book invented solely for the movie. However, if anyone can find any information on it, I'd certainly be interested in hearing about it! :)

It was either Innamorato's, or more likely Polanski's, idea - there is a list of fictional books on Wikipedia (a terrible source, I know, but it seems to be pretty all-inclusive for works from literature) and a list from other media. It isn't on either list, so until I pick up a Vampire Killers BFI guide or something, I'll have to say (at this moment) that it is fictional.

Edited by BigWords

It was either Innamorato's, or more likely Polanski's, idea - there is a list of fictional books on Wikipedia (a terrible source, I know, but it seems to be pretty all-inclusive for works from literature) and a list from other media. It isn't on either list, so until I pick up a Vampire Killers BFI guide or something, I'll have to say (at this moment) that it is fictional.

I highly enjoyed the wikipedia list, and the fictional volumes invented by Douglas Adams. Oh, Douglas. Why'd you leave us. You and Oolon had still so much to give. :giggle2: