The Chocolate Lover's Club - Carole Matthews

Michelle

Some women are addicted to shopping, others can't get enough of champagne. Some like to curl up with a good book and others want a night out on the town. But there's just one thing Lucy Lombard can't live without and that's chocolate - rich, creamy, sweet, delicious chocolate.

For her there's no substitute. There's nothing it won't cure, from heartache to a headache, and she's not alone. Sharing her passion are three other addicts: Autumn, Nadia and Chantal. Together they form a select group known as The Chocolate Lovers' Club. Whenever there's a crisis, they meet in their sanctuary, a caf

• 4 weeks later...

It is a excellent review Michelle, well written..

I am hopefully finishing the book tonight, its really good, well written, its hard to explain, its chick literature but its like more grown up (if that makes sense). I think Chantal is the best character..:blush:

I finished 'The Chocolate Lover's Club' in the early hours of this morning, it was a really enjoyable story, the characters are fantastic and I loved the ending, a lot of funny moments in the book which made great reading. x

Thanks again Carole and Michelle...:blush:

• 1 year later...

I dont usually read chick lit but this actually sounds quite good. I think I'll add it to be wishlist. :006:

That's what I love about this forum. I would never really have considered a book like this before, I usually stick to horror/crime fiction barr the odd exception. Now I find myself drawn to other genres like this one and even autobiographies! I'm glad I joined :welcome:

Charm, I don't read that much chick-lit, but this one I did enjoy. I prefer the ones about friends, rather than all romance (if that makes sense), and also the ones with women facing situations other than which pair of shoes to buy next! :welcome: Plus the humour in this one was good.

For those who enjoyed this, I would also suggest Carrie Adam's The Stepmother.

I was on holiday with my wife when I suddenly ran out of books :roll:

So what I did was read the one that she had already finished which happened to be the Chocolate Lover's Club (her friends had given her a chocolate gift basket for her previous birthday also containing the book, which I thought was a pretty sweet idea)

Well, what should I say it was...different to the books I read normally I would say :), but I'd say it was a fun read especially because it was so different from what I am used to normally.

I would definitely recommend it to women, to men I am not sure.

• 2 months later...

I'm reading this at the moment, but have to say I am finding it a bit tedious. Maybe I am not in the mood for this kind of book. Despite being a chocolate lover it isn't really holding my interest much. Should I continue with it!! :D

I read it recently Inver and like you found it didnt really grab my attention... I had high hopes for it as I'm a chocolate addict as well but that didnt seem to be really well exploited...

In the end I found it enjoyable bur far too dragged out. Continue if you feel you'll enjoy it but I think you wouldnt miss much by dropping it.