Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LAST NIGHT:

Attack the Block - Brilliant! Low budget urban horror creature feature that really pays off! Great full-on entertainment from a mostly unknown cast (the only "name" is Nick Frost!).

The Green Lantern - Utter dross. The worst by far of the super hero movies I've seen in recent years. Yet another example of why marvel is so much better than DC - because Marvel had originality on their side! The Green Lantern was always a cheap knock off of Superman, but this film is just awful despite a great cast.

TONIGHT:

Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll - The Ian Dury biopic. It was pretty good, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would and I didn't feel I learned anything new about Dury. The performances were marvellous though, especially Andy Serkis in the lead role, but then, he's always brilliant.

Anyone seen "Inception". I found myself glued to the TV screen and didn't even dare go to the toilet in case I missed something. I couldn't pause the Tv as the rest of the family were watching it too.

Steve

I saw that not to long ago as well.....was great too :D

Yes! it was crazy, but good in a mental way! the end was hilariously good!

The child was a great actress. And I actually found her interaction with the other two kids to be quite intriguing to watch. I'm watching Case 39 now, which is another screwed-up-kid movie, this time with Renee Zellweger.

Has anyone watched "The boy in striped pyjamas"?

I was sat there absolutely gutted, with a lump in my throat.

What a great, but sad film.

I've never felt like that since I wayched "The Champ" as a kid.

Steve

Yes, I've seen it. Very sad film.

Did You Hear About the Morgans? A nice pleasant RomCom.

From IMDB

Meryl and Paul Morgan have separated since his infidelity. He's a Manhattan lawyer, seeking forgiveness. She's moved on, focusing on real estate sales. As he walks her to an appointment one evening, pleading his case, they witness a murder; the murderer sees them. The FBI wants them in witness protection until the killer is caught. He's already hunting them. The FBI sends them to Ray, Wyoming, a tiny ranch town, where they stay with the aging sheriff and his gun-toting wife (who's his deputy). Meryl and Paul must sort out their relationship while their New York ways bump up against those of the West. Meantime, Meryl knows two things that Paul doesn't.

Has anyone watched "The boy in striped pyjamas"?

I was sat there absolutely gutted, with a lump in my throat.

What a great, but sad film.

Yes, we rented it once. It was an amazing movie and the reason I decided to try a book by Boyne. Of course I cried, however, this time both my children had tears in their eyes too.

Inception - One of the scariest films I've ever seen.

Gnomeo and Juliet - Something funny to watch after so I can sleep! Lol

We recently rented Inception. It was amazing, but a bit confusing in the beginning. Is Gnomeo and Juliet as funny as Rapunzel? Might be a strange combination, but we rented both Rapunzel (forgot the other title they gave it) and Inception. My children chose Rapunzel, I chose Inception, or perhaps it was the other way around. :giggle2: Both films were worth it.

Yesterday Two Weeks Notice was on Dutch tv. I recorded it to rewatch it this weekend. I once YouTubed that movie, but it's nice to be able show it to my children with subtitles, so I don't have to pause to translate something all the time. Tonight I'm watching Graham Norton Show, also on a Dutch channel.

We recently rented Inception. It was amazing, but a bit confusing in the beginning. Is Gnomeo and Juliet as funny as Rapunzel? Might be a strange combination, but we rented both Rapunzel (forgot the other title they gave it) and Inception. My children chose Rapunzel, I chose Inception, or perhaps it was the other way around. :giggle2: Both films were worth it.

Agreed, Inception was a little confusing but you soon understand what is going on. Gnomeo and Juliet is more of a laugh than Rapunzel if you ask me but yeah, I prefer Inception. I prefer to be scared than be given a laugh haha

I can't even bare to watch it even if there is nothing else on tv....truly truly awful

Yeah, I had to force myself to watch it, seeing as I went against my better judgement and bought the blu-ray set :rolleyes:

I watched the blu-ray version of the original movie last night. Like a lot of fans, I was up in arms about it before it was released (see earlier in the thread :blush: ), but I'm glad I got it, just to see for myself. It looks and sounds stunning, best I've seen it at home, anyway. I suppose the test will be whether or not I can put up with Lucas's tinkering and keep watching the blu-rays, or if I'll go back to my old, crappy looking/sounding unaltered versions next time I want to watch it.

I watched Super, which is a superhero kind of film with Rainn wilson and ellen page. I have to say it was good, but SO strange - and quite sad. But a worthy watch if you like mental humour and graphic violence! :P