Films from books...

levens

I think Lord of the Rings is one of the best book to film adaptations, the characters was just as I imagined them, it was like bringing my imagination to life, a brilliant portrayal.

I agree with this. I also thought The Hog Father was quite good too but The colour of magic wasnt as good as I thought it was going to be unfortunatly

I was discussing this with my partner the other day. Films will never be able to give as much description as a book however there are films that fit into the very good representation of the book category and then there are films that fit into the down right awful category which are really poor represent of the book. Which books do you think had the worst film made?

For me is has to be ‘The golden Compass’ based on Phillip Pullmans trilogy, the film was truly awful in my opinion and did the books no justice at all. I also think the ‘Eragon’ film based on Christopher Poalini’s trilogy was complete rubbish too which was such a shame as its one of my favourite books!

Ditto with the books to films - these 2 had such potential, but instead of really giving it a go, they tried to cash in on the magical film genre, which was a mistake! Still, I watch Eragon and Golden Compass just for the funsies of it all, but I wish they had been as amazing as the books!

• 2 weeks later...

The Help: Movie was good, but of course things were omitted and changed. Book was much more enjoyable. Glad I read it first.

Doubt: This is the only movie that was word for word from the book (play). Never in my life, have I ever experienced that.

I really want to see The Help. I didn't know Doubt was a play/book, but I really enjoyed the film!