Louise's Books 2007

Louiseog

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished this last night and did enjoy it, managed to tell a lot about this period while making you feel at home with the characters and sympathy for them.

Now Triptych by Karin Slaughter (have transferred my Amazon wishlist onto the library reservations catalogue can you tell!)

David Roberts, Buried Bones was the library one. Sort of Agatha Christie era, detectivey, about the Spanish Civil War. OK

Then took em swimming and read Simon Brett 'The Stabbing in the Stables' which was the next in a great series called the Fethering mysteries, easy, light but a great story!

Off to try Jonathan Franzen The Twenty-Seventh City. Not sure yet.

Finished Peacock Emporium, really liked this one too. Forgot to write Marian Keyes Anybody Out there. Both of these made me cry and laugh will look for more Jojo Moyles.

Then read 1966 and all that by Craig Brown, made me laugh, history of Britain from 1900 to 2000.

Now onto Blood Eagle by Craig Russell.

Really enjoyed Blood Eagle, a good old fashioned gory thriller. By the same author as Brother Grimm and the first in the series I think. Preferred it to BG actually

Read Saturday by Ian McEwan today and loved it may even be inspired to write a review.

Finished Skin Gods, fantastic loved this one!

Am starting Nicholas Sparks The Notebook.

Finished it now (it was very short) but left me cold, someone I know raved about it really said it was great and it touched no emotion in me at all! no I tell a lie, they cooked some crabs and I felt hungry!