Louise's Books 2007

Louiseog

Finished Night Watch. really enjoyed it, like PDR says its one to savour.

Don't think this will spoil but liked the way that I changed my opinion of the characters, and that you only found out why they were like they were at the end of the book!

Ooh I'm near the end now (1941) and you've just made me even more intrigued! Can't wait!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Becoming Strangers not much to say really it made me think and am still thinking about although I felt like I ploughed through it but the characters are staying with me.

Now reading Brother Grimm by Craig Russell. Scarey thriller!

Library book!

Need to read Room with a View for reading group but not that bothered!

Brother Grimm was a decent thriller with murders based on the Fairy Tales, could not understand why it was set in Germany but written by a Brit, seemed strange.

Gave up on Room with a View, too many words.

So still on the thriller theme, read Alex Kava A Perfect Evil which about the normal child kidnap horror but well crafted, there was lots of character development a bit like Tess Gerritsen which I am finding appeals to me.

Sue Monk Kidd - The Secret Life of Bees

Zadie Smith - White Teeth

I absolutely adored The Secret Life of Bee's. I didn't read it that long ago, but it was absolutely wonderful. Already one of my favorites of the year.

As for White Teeth, i haven't read this one yet, though I did try On Beauty and was bored thoroughly. I definitely hope that White Teeth is better. So, do let us know how you liked it!

happy reading :)

I absolutely adored The Secret Life of Bee's. I didn't read it that long ago, but it was absolutely wonderful. Already one of my favorites of the year.

As for White Teeth, i haven't read this one yet, though I did try On Beauty and was bored thoroughly. I definitely hope that White Teeth is better. So, do let us know how you liked it!

happy reading :)

Not got to White Teeth

SLOB was great.

Read Queen of Suburbia by Susan May (very black humour)

Melissa Nathan Learning Curve - a story of men and women. You know what will happen but how they get there is quite pleasant. Melissa Nathan died of breast cancer last year which made this quite poignant especially as she wrote the acknowledgements knowing that this would happen.

Alex Kava - A Perfect Evil. Small town ex-footballing sheriff and beautiful FBI profiler.... kidnapped children and yes we know who it is (or it appeared obvious to me) but still engaging. A bit like Tess Gerritsen in that the characters lead the story rather than the gore!!

• 2 weeks later...

Jill Mansell did exactly what it said on the tin!

Then read The Sultan's Seal by Jenny White for another book group.

About a murder in Turkey in the 19th Century. Really made me think about the nature of Islam in Turkey then and how our attitudes are affected by more recent events.

Now reading mercy by Jodi Piccoult which I am enjoying.

Finished Mercy, gripped me from beginning to end like MSK.

Loved the theme but the undercurrents are fantastic as usual really. Last one I read was Salem Falls and that was not as good but this was enough to get me back into her.

Now Mothers Day pressie, Lee Child, Die trying (can't help thinking this was for someone else to read after me!)

Finished Die Trying, then Adrian Mole and the weapons of mass destruction, great fun

Hit library (not literally) and got Susan hill Risk of Darkness the third in a trilogy about DCI Simon Serrallier am so excited and started it today, gripped already