Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Dark Lover by JR Ward. Overall it was a good book :D

Hoping to finish Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk soon. This is a re-read but as it's been a while since I last dived between the pages, I'm enjoying forgotten storylines and characters.

Sssh don't tell anyone but today I sat in the sun and read a guide book on Mallorca and continued with Goodnight Steve McQueen and did little else :)

Good times Judy :)

I am almost finished 'Lover Avenged' by J.R. Ward :)

Still almost finished 'Lover Avenged' by J.R. Ward, I have to say this has been the most exciting of the books, its all kicking off in Caldwell! :giggle:

'Most exciting' most exciting?? Or just regular 'most exciting' ifyouknowwhatimeanandithinkyoudo ;):lol:

:giggle: :giggle: its most most exciting :lol: (my grammar is terrible sometimes :blush: )

:friends3: It's all good! And I'm looking forward to reading these books ;)

I think once you have read them, there will be another fan of the brothers :)

Finally posted my thoughts on the Alan Bradley book, and have started the next Sookie book, Dead to the World :D.

Oh I just know you're gonna like this one the most so far ;)

And I'm looking forward to reading these books ;)

I think once you have read them, there will be another fan of the brothers :)

If *youbothmeanwhatIthinkyoubothmean* by 'most exciting, then we will definitely have another fan! :giggle:

I read half of Blood Noir last night, I think it may be one of may favourites of the series so far. :)

If *youbothmeanwhatIthinkyoubothmean* by 'most exciting, then we will definitely have another fan! :giggle:

:giggle: I do know what you mean :lol: I'm almost at the end of the book and I would have been finished by now but because of this stupid cold, I keep dozing off :lol:

Edited by Weave

Over the last ten days or so I've read Nemesis by Jo Nesbo and Dark Fire by C J Sansom (both of which were cracking tales), The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson (which is very well written but could have been better, imo) and Earth Abides by George R Stewart (one of the SF Masterworks series which, unfortunately, I found a bit boring).

I haven't done any reading for a few days but picked up 3 books in the charity shop today

Every Man For Himself Beryl Bainbridge

Prey Michael Crichton

The Garden of the Dead William Broderick

I'll be interested to know what you think of this one Kidsmum. I've read two of Broderick's books now: The Sixth Lamentation and A whispered Name. Both very good books. I like Broderick's style of writing but find it slows up the plot just a tad sometimes as he waxes a bit too lyrical.

Over the last ten days or so I've read Nemesis by Jo Nesbo and Dark Fire by C J Sansom (both of which were cracking tales), The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson (which is very well written but could have been better, imo) and Earth Abides by George R Stewart (one of the SF Masterworks series which, unfortunately, I found a bit boring).

Good combinations! I have that Sansom trilogy here on the shelf, and I keep reading posters have loved it, I have to get to it!!

I managed some more in The Fourth Man by K.O. Dahl. A wonderfully twisty detective story. I have to finish today!