What are you drinking just now?

Inver

7 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Well, aren't we a man about town. :) 

Well, now you mention it...

Having come out the other side of having COVID I now have an odd sense of freedom; it's unlikely I can catch it again in the short term, so it's like having a free pass.

It's just nice to be able to get out again - at least for a while - without having to worry about anything.

Kind of feels almost normal again.

Which is odd in its own way...

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, MissMohawk said:

I have, No. 7 and Gentleman Jack, I prefer Gentleman Jack over No. 7.

Gentleman Jack is definitely a step above the standard No 7 and worth the extra cost in my opinon.

17 hours ago, MissMohawk said:

I have, No. 7 and Gentleman Jack, I prefer Gentleman Jack over No. 7.

7 hours ago, Brian. said:

Gentleman Jack is definitely a step above the standard No 7 and worth the extra cost in my opinon.

If the Forum had a "Like Button"  ::)  you would both receive one from me. 

i am NOT going to throw away my bottle of Jack Daniels though.

Edited by muggle not

18 hours ago, Raven said:

Drinks Cabinet? 

Do you have a hostess trolly as well? :P

When I say cabinet it's actually a shelf on my bookcase. No trolley but it's not a terrible idea.

3 hours ago, Hayley said:

I actually do have a drinks trolley :giggle2: someone gave us one when we moved into our new house! It’s gold. 

Has anybody tried the apple Jack Daniels? 

No not yet, and I also see that there is a new Jack and Coke drink.

Jack Daniel’s & Coca-Cola RTD, inspired by the classic bar cocktail, will be made with Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey and Coca-Cola.

Coke & jack.webp

Edited by muggle not

On 14/06/2022 at 10:54 PM, Hayley said:

I actually do have a drinks trolley :giggle2: someone gave us one when we moved into our new house! It’s gold. 

Has anybody tried the apple Jack Daniels? 

I've tried the Apple Jack and the Honey Jack and I wasn't really a fan of either. The Honey Jack was nicer than the Apple but I just don't see the point apart from them trying to increase sales.

On 15/06/2022 at 2:41 AM, muggle not said:

No not yet, and I also see that there is a new Jack and Coke drink.

I feel like this would probably work out a lot more expensive than mixing it yourself! (Pretty can design though)

On 19/06/2022 at 9:09 AM, Brian. said:

I've tried the Apple Jack and the Honey Jack and I wasn't really a fan of either. The Honey Jack was nicer than the Apple but I just don't see the point apart from them trying to increase sales.

I had a suspicion that apple might sound nicer than it would be in reality. I think you're right that they really just do it to increase sales.

I did try orange Jamesons this year though and that was lovely. Dangerously easy to drink. I very rarely drink alcohol and it did not taste as strong as it really is, even to me. 

On 6/19/2022 at 4:09 AM, Brian. said:

I'm a BIG fan of the Honey Jack and the Vanilla Jack. It's so smooth!!!! It's the only brown liquor I drink. I gave a bottle to my neighbor for Christmas and now its her favorite.

I'm cooling off with an iced coffee that I made using my Keurig. That thing is one of the best investments I made last year.

21 hours ago, Virginia said:

I'm a BIG fan of the Honey Jack and the Vanilla Jack

I don't think I've ever seen a vanilla one!

21 hours ago, Virginia said:

I'm cooling off with an iced coffee that I made using my Keurig

I would really like an iced coffee right now. I'm not sure what a Keurig is but I'm assuming a fancy coffee maker :lol:. We have a pretty basic coffee maker but a friend bought us a coffee tasting set from Whittards and they've been delicious.

1 hour ago, Hayley said:

I don't think I've ever seen a vanilla one!

I would really like an iced coffee right now. I'm not sure what a Keurig is but I'm assuming a fancy coffee maker :lol:. We have a pretty basic coffee maker but a friend bought us a coffee tasting set from Whittards and they've been delicious.

https://www.keurig.com/Home-Coffee-Makers/K-Café®-Special-Edition-Single-Serve-Coffee-Latte-%26-Cappuccino-Maker/p/K-Cafe-Special-Edition-Coffee-Latte-Cappuccino-Maker:Nickel_color

This is the brand that I have. I love that I can do lattes and cappuccinos with it. I can also do a shot of espresso. That's what I use for the iced coffee.

When I didn't have one, I just made black coffee and then let it cool. I put crushed ice in a glass with vanilla syrup and cream then add the coffee. Easy peasy!!

If you can find the vanilla Jack, you should really try it!

On 22/06/2022 at 5:51 PM, Virginia said:

If you can find the vanilla Jack, you should really try it!

I’ll keep a look out! I did do a quick search online but all I got was Jack Daniels vanilla cake (although I bet that is lovely).

Also the Keurig looks like a great coffee maker! 

• 4 months later...

I polished off the last of my Glengoyle 21 year old at the weekend and that lead to me ordering 3 new to me whiskies. Aberlour A'Bunadh, Kaiyo Mizunara Oak, and Deanston 18 year old. Should keep me warm over the winter 😀

• Like 1