What's for Dinner?

We don't actually have a recipe, just put the stuff together and cook it. :) This is close to how my wife makes Baked Beans, a difference is my wife doesn't use onions or chili powder in her recipe and we use a 16 oz package of dried navy beans.

Baked Beans from Scratch Recipe | Allrecipes

Edited by muggle not
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/9/2023 at 1:17 AM, muggle not said:

We had pancakes and sausage for dinner with pure maple syrup (and strawberries on the side).

I’ve heard of pancakes with bacon but I don’t think I’ve ever seen pancakes with sausages! I do actually like sausages more than bacon though, so this could be a revelation for me 😄.

I tried beetroot with goat’s cheese for the first time a couple of days ago (my boyfriend made us a fancy starter - it’s roasted beetroot with goat cheese and toasted walnuts!). It is a really lovely combination! 

96A4023C-71F0-40BF-BD57-A21801B1AB4D.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 9:22 PM, muggle not said:

We are having fresh Copper River Salmon tonight with a baked potato and string beans. Also, a bottle of Muirwood Chardonnay

Very nice! I love baked potatoes. They are sadly underrated. 

For those in the UK, Morrisons have a new deal on - 20% off all fish on Friday's if you have one of their 'more' cards. We had rainbow trout yesterday and it was lovely.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hayley said:

Very nice! I love baked potatoes. They are sadly underrated. 

I think I could live on baked potatoes, especially if the insides are mashed with things like cheese, bacon, onion, chives and parsley 😍

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, poppy said:

I think I could live on baked potatoes, especially if the insides are mashed with things like cheese, bacon, onion, chives and parsley 😍

And sour cream!

• Like 2

On 6/10/2023 at 9:29 PM, muggle not said:

Tonight we are having eggplant parmesan with a side of spaghetti. And a bottle of zinfandel.

That sounds really good! I’ve started to really like eggplant recently (although we call it aubergine here). I used to find the texture a little unpleasant but then my boyfriend pointed out that I’d probably just had badly cooked aubergine… so he made some and I love it! I am a very big pasta fan too 😄

On 4/27/2022 at 2:36 AM, muggle not said:

We don't actually have a recipe, just put the stuff together and cook it. :) This is close to how my wife makes Baked Beans, a difference is my wife doesn't use onions or chili powder in her recipe and we use a 16 oz package of dried navy beans.

Baked Beans from Scratch Recipe | Allrecipes

Just saw this, Muggle, will try making them. Just need to get some beans. I made some years ago from an American cookbook ( pre-internet) and they were pretty nice 😊

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/19/2023 at 12:28 AM, muggle not said:

i love chili and usually have it for dinner every other week. 

I love chilli too, it’s such a good comfort food.

I had chicken with mashed potato, green beans and gravy :)

Yesterday I discovered that I don’t really like moussaka made with potatoes! 

4 hours ago, Hayley said:

I love chilli too, it’s such a good comfort food.

I had chicken with mashed potato, green beans and gravy :)

Yesterday I discovered that I don’t really like moussaka made with potatoes! 

That sounds good. I like all of what you had for dinner.

I had a weird dinner tonight. Hot dogs on a roll and a baked potato.