The Mephisto Club by Tess Gerritsen

scottishbookworm

I changed your links.. those long links break the page.

With regards to your first link, they probably don;t have a release date for the paperback yet.

With regards to the second, it say 'Publisher: Random House Large Print Publishing' so it should be large print. As for how large, I have no idea..! :)

I've never read any Tess G. Is this the best one? Which would you reccommend, if you were to pick just one?

Thanks in advance.

:badmood: If you wanted to starting Tess the one book that got me hooked was called "Body double" but if you want to try that one go ahead and try it. :)

KW, you keep calling everyone Michelle...?

personally, Body Double may not be the best, because it's in the middle of a series. I started with The Apprentice, which was good in it's own right, but I then went and got The Surgeon, to start at the beginning. I can't get her official site to load right now, but it shows you the order of those books, plus her other thrillers.

KW, you keep calling everyone Michelle...?

personally, Body Double may not be the best, because it's in the middle of a series. I started with The Apprentice, which was good in it's own right, but I then went and got The Surgeon, to start at the beginning. I can't get her official site to load right now, but it shows you the order of those books, plus her other thrillers.

good choice!

:)

sorry for sounding dumb but what is a proof copy?

A proof copy (also known as an Advanced Reading Copy) is a copy of a book that the publishers produce pre-publication. These copies will be sent out to reviewers, sales people, and other people in the book trade. They are essentially a marketing tool - but are also used as a last edit check - there are often typo's and sometimes words may be slightly different in the finished copy, and occassionally a whole sections of the plot may change!

Hope that clears it up - I shouldn't assume everyone knows publishing lingo!

I've got several proff copies, one of which is of Good Omens by Pratchett & Gaiman - it's one of my most prized posessions & one of these days I hope to have it signed by both authors! :)

I've never read any Tess G. Is this the best one? Which would you reccommend, if you were to pick just one?

Thanks in advance.

hey, i love her and i would say eather try life support or the surgen :D book there all amazing books!

about proff copys, where do you get them??

• 3 months later...
And very good it is, too! It is more in the vein of Vanish with the psychological thriller aspect, than some of the other more graphically violent earlier books, but still manages to get your heart racing, and induce that fear of turning off the light!
Or even being alone at night! In the dark:readingtwo: