More football

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your good wishes certainly helped Inver - we won 3-0 to take our first championship in 46 years!

After a few laboured performances, we were really on form tonight. Walking off the field with our opponents forming a guard of honour was quite a feeling! This is how champions feel - I like it!

And we have the distinction of being the first ever Peninsula League champions not to play in yellow!☺

:jump:  :001:  :jump: ......Championies.....woop....fantastic result. Now you can enjoy the rest of the season Good of Bodmin to do you guard of honour.... :D

Another mid week game tonight....and we need to keep those wins coming....fingers crossed, or footie boots crossed..! We have our slightly better goalie tonight. He is a midfielder but has been stepping in when needed (played goalie in the past) and isn't afraid of yelling....'Keepers' and coming out for the ball. Our regular is quite quiet and cannae jump the same or quick of his mark as this one....so here goes...7pm KO.

And a good result to report.....another win 4-2 v Ellon. ALC and Kintore were playing on the pitch beside us but Kintore were unable to take any points away from ALC...so they have won the league tonight. Andy says if we can take at least a 1pt from our next 2 games we should manage 2nd place, taking in mind that we have the 3pts to be added re the game v Culter Boys that we ended up playing as a friendly. We haven't got them yet so I imagine that would be when all games are finished. So another update on the table. Plus we are the only team in the league to have taken points of ALC...so that is bonus for us. Our two final games are v Stonehaven and probably ALC our final one. Wouldn't it be great if we could take points from them... :D  again. Not game for us on Saturday, so final games possibly be Tuesday next week and then final one on the Saturday.

The league as it stands at the moment

Played     Won     Drawn    Lost   Points

ALC Rangers              17            14        2           1           44

Culter Colts                15             11        0           4          33

Kintore Utd                  16              9        1           6          28

Stonehaven YFC        14              3        3            3          27

Culter Boys                 15             6         2           7           20

Cove BC Utd               17            1          1          15            4

Ellon Meadows           16             1          1          14            4

Edited by Inver

Great achievement by your lads Inver - it's good to have something to smile about at the end of the season!

We signed off our home season with an entertaining 3-2 win tonight. We gave some of our fringe players a run-out. There was a real party atmosphere right from the start and the league trophy presentation was something to be remembered. It's fantastic to be a part of it!

We have a game on Tuesday v Stonehaven as mentioned so our last game will def be v ALC....oh to beat them would be great.

You are rounding of the season well with another win. Nice the fringers are getting a run out too. Nothing like being presented with some silverware....well done guys.

Just checked the U'17's scores for today....as I would have thought Ellon 1-5 Stonehaven and Kintore 7-1 Culter Boys. 2nd place is still up for grabs...we need a win on Tuesday against Stonehaven. We are the only game on, then the final games will be played on Saturday. We need to stay in the top 3 to avoid playoffs in the bottom 4 for the Consolation cup. Don't think I can bare to watch on Tuesday night.

The league as it stands at the moment

ALC Rangers              17            14        2           1           44

Culter Colts                15             11        0           4          33

Stonehaven YFC        16             10       3            3          33

Kintore Utd                  17             10       1           6           31

Culter Boys                 17             6         2            9          20

Cove BC Utd               17            1          1          15            4

Ellon Meadows           17             1          1          15           4

Tuesday sounds like it could be an epic! I love head to head matches between teams fighting for the same position. Come on Culter!

We played the wooden-spoonists yesterday and came away with a 4-1 win, scoring our 100th league goal in the process. We were a bit light on subs so when one of our top goalscorers came off with an injury, we had to replace him with our 47 year old assistant manager (and formerly Cornwall's greatest goalkeeper)!

Our season rounds off tomorrow with our longest trip of the season to North Devon. I haven't done the precise maths, but this could be our 65th game since August! There'll be some tired legs. ☺

You certainly are finishing with flourish there....great stuff. How did Monday go?

Well today....it rained  :intherain: ....and rained :intherain:  ....and rained.... :badmood: match called off late afternoon, so we have to wait for it to be rescheduled. So at the moment we play ALC on Saturday and possibly, once fixtures are in Stonehaven next Tuesday.....so we have to play a waiting game. :blush2:

Never mind Inver. At least it keeps your season of excitement going.☺

We approached Witheridge in party mood, but I fear we were too relaxed and ended our season with a 3-2 defeat (only the second time this season we'd conceded three goals). They still applauded us off the field though and the win got them a top six finish so everyone went home happy.

Bring on the July friendlies!

Shame about your last game defeat, and well done them get a top 6 place I guess. You will be getting used to these applauds... :D .

Hopefully we can get these 2 games played. Saturday and Tuesday, as Andy has a footie coaching course to go on the following weekend Sat & Sun and he would be devastated not to see their last game. Hoping too that we don't have to play the Culter Boys (who were the team we are supposed to get the points from, still not through yet) and they will get added on after the final game.

Weather looks not too bad for the weekend anyway so here is hoping the pitches aren't waterlogged.

Well....that was some game today for Culter Colts U'17's. We were playing the league winners ALC v CC.....and the game went something like this.

ALC 1-0 CC

ALC 1-1 CC

ALC 2-1 CC

ALC 2-2 CC

ALC 3-2 CC

ALC 3-3 CC

ALC 3-4 CC.........

Yes you read the score correct. We are the only team in the league to have beaten them twice....out of the 3 we had to play. It was a long 10 minutes to hang on to before the ref blew the whistle I can tell you. The sun shone for us today in more ways than one. Hopefully that should seal our 2nd place finish, if they would just put the blooming 3pts that are floating about on. Andy has sent an email to Secretary to see if he can find out.

Last game should be played on Tuesday v Stonehaven.... TBC.

Excellent! Sounds like a barnstormer of a game! I can imagine the reaction when your fourth goal went in.☺ Well done Culter - you've had an excellent season and a result like this promises even more for next season.

I kept an eye on events at Wembley yesterday where the FA Vase Final took place. Glossop (our semi-final opponents) led 1-0 until the last fifteen minutes but were forced into extra time. North Shields scored again before one of the Glossop lads had to go off following a head injury and they were reduced to ten men for the last period. It was a huge shame for them - they're a great bunch of lads. We now have an unofficial St Austell supporters group in Glossop and they have likewise down here. It was a fantastic experience for both clubs. Maybe we can meet them again next season.☺

Thanks Sedge....yes we were applauding them as they came of the pitch....almost like a cup game... :D

Poor Glossop just to miss out...what was the final score.

2-1 was the final score Inver, so they can be proud. They were also beaten finalists in 2009.

I quite enjoy the playoffs. I'm keeping an eye on Plymouth Argyle at the moment. I'd like to wish them well but they have a large Cornish fanbase so the more successful they are, the more support they take away from us!

So the weather didn't do us any favours tonight.....dry and quite bright but very windy and if they played the first half like they did in the second they would have won the game tonight. Hitting the posts and cross bar...grrr...they just wouldn't go in to clinch at least a draw. The only team we haven't beaten this season and if we had won it, would probably have confirmed us 2nd place on our own. But now we have to hope that Kintore can beat Stonehaven on Saturday and do us a favour, take 3pts off them and we get those 3pts we are waiting to be added. If Stonehaven win against Kintore looks like we will have to share 2nd place with them.

Still been a fantastic season for them though....coaches are very pleased with them.

Culter Colts 3-5 Stonehaven

That was fun Frankie....love the way the goalie in yellow kept lying down flat out....lol :D

Yep :D Although I can understand his reasoning: it was difficult enough to try to kick the ball in the right direction, that they didn't gather any real force for the kick and didn't kick it high. So lying flat on the ground was a good move... Loved it when he got the direction wrong and went straight in the goal himself :D :D

(Also loved how they asked the referee how he was going to know which color was on his card that he pulled from his pocket, and he said whatever color comes out, goes! :D And did you notice how one of the players gave him the finger, but of course the referee missed it because it doesn't show in the bird's view :lol: )

Edited by frankie

So the update re U'17's Sedge....sorry for the delay. So the last game that was due to be played was Stonehaven v Kintore on Saturday.....except it never happened!!!. Andy got a call from the Stonehaven manager to let him know that Kintore had conceded the game..! It is a bit of a distance between the teams for travelling and I guess because the game didn't actually mean anything to them points wise is why they did it. But it would have finished it all off.

Bit annoying too as the points haven't been added on to us or Stonehaven for the games that haven't been played out, so the table looks unfinished. At least we are still on second in the table, but joint, but at least we won one more game than Stonehaven... :D . Our own fault for not getting that win/point on Tuesday last week.

The league as it stands/finishes.

ALC Rangers              18           14        2             2           44

Culter Colts                17           12        0            5           36

Stonehaven YFC        17            11        3            3          36

Kintore Utd                  17            10       1            6           31

Culter Boys                 17             6         2            9          20

Cove BC Utd               18             2         1          15            7

Ellon Meadows           18             1          1          16           4

Will post again if we hear any more about our points situation.

Edited by Inver