The 'New Moon film' thread

Weave

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMDb seems to be full of news stories this evening saying that Bill Condon now looks to be the name in the frame for directing the two Breaking Dawn films. I usually take all these things with a pinch of salt, but it seems to be fairly widespread around the various news sources. I haven't seen any of his films, so I'd be interested to hear all your thoughts on his style.

Bill Condon is dire, as I mentioned way back in this thread I still haven't forgiven him for the big pile of **** formerly known as Candyman 2 :lol: Didn't think much of Dreamgirls and Gods & Monsters may have won an Oscar but I didn't particularly like that either.

Thanks for the heads up Chesil :motz: I checked Bill Condon on IMDB and I only recognise some of the films he directed, he also directed the second Candyman (which makes me slightly worried because it was awful) :lol:

Bill Condon is dire, as I mentioned way back in this thread I still haven't forgiven him for the big pile of **** formerly known as Candyman 2 :lol: Didn't think much of Dreamgirls and Gods & Monsters may have won an Oscar but I didn't particularly like that either.

Sorry Fi, I forgotten you had mentioned it but it did remind me how bad the second Candyman was :motz: its just rumours at the moment (I think), I hope he is not directing to be honest:lol:

No worries hen :lol: I really hope it's not him but the rumour mill is in full flow and it's seeming like it could possibly be true :lol:

Excellent news about Pete Murphy in Eclipse, I'm even more excited now!

Talked my mum into coming to see Remember Me with me by mentioning Pierce Brosnan and not mentioning RPattz but my hicksville cinema isn't showing it :motz:

No worries hen :lol: I really hope it's not him but the rumour mill is in full flow and it's seeming like it could possibly be true :lol:

Excellent news about Pete Murphy in Eclipse, I'm even more excited now!

Talked my mum into coming to see Remember Me with me by mentioning Pierce Brosnan and not mentioning RPattz but my hicksville cinema isn't showing it :motz:

Oh that is a shame Fi, I am sorry, I have still to see it myself, I wanted to see it on Saturday but I was outvoted and went to see 'Clash of the Titans'.

Its so cool about Pete Murphy, I am a not big fan of Bauhaus (if Mr Weave asks, I love them) but Pete Murphy is so right as a vampire :blush:

I'll just have to wait for the dvd, at least I know they'll be showing Eclipse :lol:

Pete Murphy will be amazing as a vamp, I can't wait to see the final result and what a bonus if he's on the soundtrack too! Thank you Mr Slade :lol: Know what you mean about Bauhaus, your secret's safe :motz:

I'll just have to wait for the dvd, at least I know they'll be showing Eclipse :lol:

Pete Murphy will be amazing as a vamp, I can't wait to see the final result and what a bonus if he's on the soundtrack too! Thank you Mr Slade :lol: Know what you mean about Bauhaus, your secret's safe :motz:

Thank you Fi :blush: Yes indeed Mr Slade, thank you!, I am looking forward to 'Eclipse', David Slade is definitely a more darker director and he directed one of my favourite films, '30 days of nights', so it will be interesting to see what he has done with 'Eclipse' :)

If Eclipse is anywhere near as good as 30 Days Of Night I'll be a happy bunny indeed!

It should be interesting to see how they do Breaking Dawn and manage to keep it to a 12 certificate, methinks there will be a lot of "fade to black" scenes in it :lol:

If Eclipse is anywhere near as good as 30 Days Of Night I'll be a happy bunny indeed!

Oh me too, what a great movie, a definite different take on vampires :lol:

should be interesting to see how they do Breaking Dawn and manage to keep it to a 12 certificate, methinks there will be a lot of "fade to black" scenes in it :lol:

Or blowing curtains :motz:

Oh me too, what a great movie, a definite different take on vampires :lol:

It was good to see really nasty, bloodthirsty, violent vamps for a change - 30 Days is in my top 10 vamp movies!

Or blowing curtains :lol:

Yes, blowing curtains indeed - it'll be such a letdown :motz:

Mines too Fi, I have lost count how many times I have watched it :motz:

Yeah I am expecting fade outs or curtains...darn :lol:

I think Summit, Stephenie Meyer and Melissa Rosenberg need to realise that the majority of fans are actually not 12 and probably haven't been for quite some time :lol:

I think Summit, Stephenie Meyer and Melissa Rosenberg need to realise that the majority of fans are actually not 12 and probably haven't been for quite some time :lol:

:motz::lol::blush::)

Well, it's true :lol: And who wouldn't want to see a bit more of RPattz on the "big" screen? Mind you, I suppose we'll have Bel Ami - wonder how many 12 year olds will be trying to sneak in to see that???

Well, it's true :lol: And who wouldn't want to see a bit more of RPattz on the "big" screen? Mind you, I suppose we'll have Bel Ami - wonder how many 12 year olds will be trying to sneak in to see that???

Loads of 12 year olds, who I hope get caught :motz:

Blowing curtains and floating feathers! :lol: Ugh...

I take it a '12 Certificate' for you guys is a rating system, right? Kind of like our PG-13, which is in between a PG (parental guidance suggested) and R (restricted). I need to do some research and see just how much directors can get away with these days, LOL.

Interesting about the Bill Condon rumor! TBH, I've never seen any of his films. Kinsey was kind of racey, wasn't it? Or maybe that was just the subject matter. Anyway, so far I'm not impressed. I wonder what drew Summit to him when I'm sure they could get anyone??

Oh, and I haven't seen 30 Days of Night either, but I might have to now after hearing you guys talk about it! I'm not much of a horror movie person though but at least I could watch it at home with all the lights on and my eyes closed if need be :motz:.

I can't wait for Bel-Ami!! Rated R and whatever the equivalent in the UK - bring it on!!! :lol:

Yep, 12 is a rating - we have U, PG, 12A, 15 and 18. I guess 18 is the same as your R rating. All the Twilight films so far have been 12A which means 12 & over unaccompanied or under 12 if you're with at least one adult (I think) - I would say Breaking Dawn needs to be a 15 to do it justice but it won't be :lol:

Oh and do watch 30 Days Of Night Marcia, it's fantastic - very gory and there's a twist too :motz:

I am going to see Remember Me on Friday night with one of my friends. I don't think that she even knows who RPatz is, so it will be an education for her! I tried to get my b/f to take me to see it last week, but as soon as he found out that RPatz was in it, it was a no go :lol:

I think that they will keep Breaking Dawn as a 12 certifidcate. During the actual book, a lot is left to the imagination during 'those' scenes, so I would imagine that they will do the same thing with the film. Plus, the lower the classification, the more people that can go and see it meaning more money!

I don't really agree with a lot of the ratings system anyway. We went to see Kick Ass last week and there is no way that that film should have been a 15 because of the language. It definately deserved an 18 classification in my opinion.

hehe emmett is december :lol: Lucky me :)

Good times Kookie! :), my sister will be over the moon that Jacob is January :D