NovaLee's Reading List 2009

NovaLee

Classic Tarantino ~ :D violent, unrestrained and thoroughly entertaining. Dare I say, I may have enjoyed it even more than Pulp Fiction and I didn't think anything would ever top that. Brad Pitt is in top form, getting most of the best lines and generating a lot of the humor. I don't know if his high-profile off-screen image will prevent an Oscar nomination, but for me it will be remembered. Loved it! :D

Loved that movie too. All the performances were great!

Finished Animal Farm by George Orwell. There is only one word ....Brilliant!

I reread Animal farm last year and really enjoyed it too. Great book.

• 2 months later...
I couldn't finish the book "Owen Meany" either. And this is after seeing "Simon Birch" the movie version of the book AND after hearing John Irving read from it live. When I started reading it, I was not happy. I have liked other Irving novels, this one just didn't do it for me.

I finished Owen Meany last night, and I don't quite know what to say about it. I thought it was far too long (it took me almost three weeks to read), and I found myself skimming parts of it, but other parts were really good, and the end (last 40 pages or so) was fantastic and pulled the whole book together.

I'm glad I perservered with it because the I really enjoyed the end, but I wouldn't read it again.