The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

RCee

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The filmversions of the books have been aired on cinemas in Sweden and America has bought the rights to them and will do their versions of the 3 books. I heard that Twilight's Kristen Stewart is one of the candidates to play Lisbeth Salander, which I don

The filmversions of the books have been aired on cinemas in Sweden and America has bought the rights to them and will do their versions of the 3 books. I heard that Twilight's Kristen Stewart is one of the candidates to play Lisbeth Salander, which I don

I didn't realise that this was a trilogy, so am reading them in the wrong order, having bought the second book first ! Can't wait for the films though ! Lisbeth is not the sort of woman I would want to mess with !

Your cover picture is certainly very close to my inner picture of Lisbeth Salander, I wonder it it'll be available Stateside.

Yep I thought that when I noticed it was out the other day. She is exactly what I thought of her. Not my perception of him, yet I have heard he plays teh character well.

I have to see the film. I am quite happy watching the Swedish version as long as I have english subs.

I didn't realise that this was a trilogy, so am reading them in the wrong order, having bought the second book first ! Can't wait for the films though ! Lisbeth is not the sort of woman I would want to mess with !

OH NO!!!!! It is one series that you have to read in order to understand the complex relationships. I hope you get to read the first one soon!

Edited by catwoman

I loved this - a really original thriller voice I believe. The second, '... Played with Fire' is in many ways even better. Am waiting for the 3rd to be published in paperback. A pity there will be no more.

You are absolutely right - really original. I just finished it late, late last night. Looking forward to the next one. Lisbeth is such an extraordinary character. Very, very original.

I had no idea Larsson is deceased. What a pity he did not live to see all his success.

Does anyone know if you can get the Swedish film version with English subs. If Brad Pitt plays Blomquist in the American version - what a pity. Let's hope not. He is too plastic for my taste, and Blomquist is a complex character.

I am going to really savour the remaining books. You are right Janet, cracking read.

You are absolutely right - really original. I just finished it late, late last night. Looking forward to the next one. Lisbeth is such an extraordinary character. Very, very original.

I had no idea Larsson is deceased. What a pity he did not live to see all his success.

Does anyone know if you can get the Swedish film version with English subs. If Brad Pitt plays Blomquist in the American version - what a pity. Let's hope not. He is too plastic for my taste, and Blomquist is a complex character.

I am going to really savour the remaining books. You are right Janet, cracking read.

'

Ummm yes you can.. If you go on 'certain sites' *Wink Wink* they have the movie with English subs.

Dear god if Brad plays Blomquist I will be mad, that is not him at all.

After reading the reviews in this thread I have reserved it but unfortunately I am #72 in the reserved list at my library so I will put this on my "to buy" list

#72? Blimey!!!!!

I have just got The Girl Who Kicked The Hornests' nest today :lol:

I'm about halfway through this book and thoroughly enjoying it. Crime isn't usually my genre, but this one has really gripped me.

I've found one part a bit disturbing, but I like the way Lisbeth handled it and I'm looking forward to seeing how her story unfolds.

I'm about halfway through this book and thoroughly enjoying it. Crime isn't usually my genre, but this one has really gripped me.

I've found one part a bit disturbing, but I like the way Lisbeth handled it and I'm looking forward to seeing how her story unfolds.

I have the third one, in paperback, U.K. cover. I wanted my set to match. Imagine my irritation when I received The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest, yes in trade paperback, but a whole inch and a half taller, and an inch wider than the first two. :roll:;):lol:

Aw, that's too bad. ;) I know just how you feel. I don't know when I'll get to the second book (I don't own it yet) but I know I'll have to wait to read the third until it comes out in the same format as the first two.

I hate having books from the same series in different sizes. :lol:

The film is due for UK general release in March. We went to see it as part of the Leeds Film Festival back in November. I had read the book, OH had not, yet we both loved the film. It's inevitably been subject to a bit of simplification, but is an excellent adaptation, and very faithful. Both leads were outstanding. Both of us had forgotten it was subtitled quite early on. Thoroughly recommended - one of the best films I've seen for a while. Made by Yellow Bird, the same people who produced the Swedish Wallander films shown recently on BBC Four (which I've now got all on DVD from Sweden, as they're about one-third the cost here, and they're good too!), with a similar sense of atmosphere.

This is one that I simply can't imagine the Americans getting right

The film is due for UK general release in March. We went to see it as part of the Leeds Film Festival back in November. I had read the book, OH had not, yet we both loved the film. It's inevitably been subject to a bit of simplification, but is an excellent adaptation, and very faithful. Both leads were outstanding. Both of us had forgotten it was subtitled quite early on. Thoroughly recommended - one of the best films I've seen for a while. Made by Yellow Bird, the same people who produced the Swedish Wallander films shown recently on BBC Four (which I've now got all on DVD from Sweden, as they're about one-third the cost here, and they're good too!), with a similar sense of atmosphere.

This is one that I simply can't imagine the Americans getting right

I can't wait to see the film, could you tell me if it's got English subtitles or dubbed?

oops just seen it has subtitles, so glad.

Edited by cosychair

That truly stinks. :)

Thanks for the info.

It's par for the course unfortunately - there are a lot of American films that are not released in Europe either - you might be able to get it on DVD though if you have a multi regional player, or even download it.

Personally I can't wait to see this film - I have just finished reading book 2 - what an ending !

From the little I've read, it appears that the Swedish version of the film (Girl with Dragon Tattoo) will have a limited release in the US on March 19, 2010 (distributed by Music Box). Please, please let there be a showing near me :lol:

I've finished the first two books of the Millenium Trilogy and I am mad as @#$%^& :) that the third installment will not be release in the US until March. And that is the Hardback version. Lord knows when the paperback version will be release.

For those in the UK: is there a paperback version available across the pond? Amazon UK says it is coming in April but then it says some are available form other sellers. I Am I missing something? Is it trade versus mass? Thanks in advance.

So far fabulous series :friends0:

The only copies I have seen in the shops are hardback, so I suspect that Amazon is correct in that the paperback is coming in April. It isn't that long to wait - delayed gratfication and all that !

The only place I can think of is the airports. I bought Breaking dawn before Xmas at Heathrow airport paperback edition.

So I am hoping I can get the paperback version myself even though I am reading the hardback edition at present.