TV series'episodes Hall of Fame

MDR124

For all the TV-series addicted: write down your Hall of Fame, a list of the series or the episodes which you won't forget.

Here's the mine one:

House M.D. (2004)

1-01."Pilot"

1-21."Three Stories"

2-10."Failure to Communicate"

2-17."All In"

2-20."Euphoria, Part 1"

2-21."Euphoria, Part 2"

2-24."No Reason"

3-01."Meaning"

3-18."Airborne"

4-05."Mirror Mirror"

4-07."Ugly"

4-15."House's Head"

4-16."Wilson's Heart"

5-04."Birthmarks"

5-09."Last Resort"

5-11."Joy to the World"

5-17."The Social Contract"

5-19."Locked In"

Lost (2004)

S1: all

S2: all

S3: all

S4:

4-01."The beginning of the end"

4-05."The constant"

4-08."Meet Kevin Johnson"

4-09."The shape of things to come"

4-12."Ther's no place like home: part 1"

4-13."Ther's no place like home: part 2"

S5:

5-01."Because you left"

5-02."Jughead"

5-08."LaFleur"

5-10."He's our you"

Heroes (2006)

S2: none

S3:

3-01."The second coming"

3-19."Shades of Gray"

3-21."Into Asylum"

Dexter (2006)

S2:

2-01."It's alive"

2-09."Resistance is futile"

2-10."Ther's something about Harry"

2-11."Left turn ahead"

2-12."the british invasion"

S3:

3-01."our father"

3-02."Finding Freebo"

3-06."Si Se puede"

3-09."About last night"

3-10."Go your own way"

3-11."I had a dream"

3-12."Do you take Dexter Morgan?"

Crumbs, mate. I tell you what, this Dexter chap keeps turning up, doesn't he? I'll have to give him a go. Should I buy the DVD's then? I don't have an ariel to my tv (through choice, mind) but collect films and series on DVD. I'm a selective viewer. Hope you're well.

Man, I have no energy to dig out and name specific episodes, so with that in mind:

Homicide: Life on the streets - Just about ANY episode of this best TV show of all times

OZ had some REALLY good ones too.

The X Files early seasons were packed with HoF worthy episodes

and how could I forget Fawlty Towers? a true masterpiece

and finally Seinfeld... Now I can go on and on about that one :-)

Edited by ArthurDent
Since my memory is like swiss cheese...

The West Wing,

all seven series,

Only Fools And Horses.

every episode,

Six Feet Under,

all 5 series,

Auf weidersein Pet,

the first 2 series,

all 6 and a half series,

Blackadder goes forth,

the last ever episode, when they go over the top, its quite simply one of the best moments of television ever.

Babylon Five

Star Trek Voyager

Only Fools and Horses

Yes Minister and Prime Minister

One Foot in the Grave

Waiting for God

Desperate Housewives

Heroes

Ugly Betty

The Golden Girls

Cheers

I am sure there are others, but at the moment I can't think of them.

Crumbs, mate. I tell you what, this Dexter chap keeps turning up, doesn't he? I'll have to give him a go. Should I buy the DVD's then? I don't have an ariel to my tv (through choice, mind) but collect films and series on DVD. I'm a selective viewer. Hope you're well.

Yes you should :friends0:

Hmm... this will take some thinking, but here's a start:

Seinfeld - All seasons except the 1st one, which I didn't think was as funny as the rest.

The West Wing - Although I think all the seasons were wonderful, I lean more towards the first four while Aaron Sorkin was the writer. Specific episode-wise, I'd say my faves were In Excelsios Deo, 17 People, Two Cathedrals, Inauguration Pts 1 & 2, Evidence of Things Not Seen, Memorial Day and The Supremes.

Freaks & Geeks - This show, unfortunately, was only on 1 season but all of it was brilliant.

I'll think of more and come back. It's too early and I haven't had much coffee yet today, lol.

Should I buy the DVD's then?

I'm fine. I followed your advice and skipped the gym. Thanks again.

As for Dexter, I think you should give him a try and buy the first season DVD. This season is really worth it.

Man, I have no energy to dig out and name specific episodes, so with that in mind:

Homicide: Life on the streets - Just about ANY episode of this best TV show of all times

OZ had some REALLY good ones too.

The X Files early seasons were packed with HoF worthy episodes

and how could I forget Fawlty Towers? a true masterpiece

and finally Seinfeld... Now I can go on and on about that one :-)

I remember watching X-files when I was a boy and it really scared the hell out of me. I agree the early seasons were better than the most recent ones.

Unfortunately in Italy Seinfield is not so popular. Once in the USA I saw him in a live show and he was great. :friends0:

Six Feet Under,

all 5 series,

I got bored and missed out in the list Six feet under, but that too deserved a special place among my favourite series. Though I think series 1, 2 and 5 are really good, while few episodes of the 3rd and 4th are outstanding.

Unfortunately in Italy Seinfield is not so popular. Once in the USA I saw him in a live show and he was great. :friends0:

I saw him too, in Toronto and I was laughing so hard, I had tears running down my face. This is the time to appologize to all the viewers around me, who had to go through my fits :-) LoL

• 2 years later...

Csi Grissom only, saw the first Db episode and will give ted a chance.

Dexter, All series.

Csi New York, Like sinise all series.

Monk

New Tricks, wonder what the new ones will be like with dennis lawson

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Lab Rats (S7, Ep20) (AKA Hodges' Lucky Day)

Grissom has to divide five cases between himself (an autopsy with Dr. Al Robbins), Cath, Sara and Greg. Meanwhile Hodges calls Archie and two other lab rats together to attempt inside to find the connection between the serial killer's four crime scenes, by studying the signature miniatures: perfect scale models he left -the second however was delivered later, after a modification- over nine months and the meager case files in Grissom's office. By surprise a live rat escapes from the autopsy corps. The other technicians furiously abandon him when realizing Hodges was not asked by Grissom, but he perseveres and finds a bizarre material common point

Best CSI Episode EVER! It also helps that it features Mr Blue Sky by ELO in a fantastic montage showcasing just how lucky Hodges' day has been. :)

Law & Order

Mushrooms (season 1). A shoot out results in the death of an innocent child. Top notch acting all round, with so much emotion.

Homicide: Life on the Street

Crosetti (season 3) - where one of the regular characters dies. Won't give any more than that away in case anyone watches it, but it's possibly the most powerful hour of television which I have ever seen

Ashes to Ashes

Final episode. Perfect ending to a perfect series.

The Wire

Almost any episode. Seriously.

An old acting buddy of mine was in an episode of Ashes To Ashes. He was Paul Thordy in S3 ep6 (the one who was locked up and crazy, screaming that he was Sam Tyler). :)

A load of episodes from The X-Files come to mind: 'Anasazi', 'Conduit', 'Deep Throat', 'Squeeze', 'Die Hand Die Vertletz', 'Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose', 'Pusher', 'Jose Chung's From Outer Space', 'Paper Hearts', 'Drive', 'Monday', 'The Field Where I Died', 'The Blessing Way', 'Paper Clip', 'Humbug', 'Colony', 'Endgame' ...

The whole of Band of Brothers.

The Shield: 'Postpartem' and 'Family Meeting'. There'd be others for this series but I can't remember the episode titles :doh:

Farscape: 'Liars, Guns and Money' parts 1 - 3, 'Into the Lion's Den' parts 1 - 2, 'Scratch 'n' Sniff', 'The Way We Weren't', 'Nerve', 'The Hidden Memory', '...Different Destinations' among others.

Like Ruth, The Wire. Pick an episode. Any episode.

The whole of Band of Brothers.

I SO agree with this! The whole series was excellent!

S2 Ep22 of The West Wing - "Two Cathedrals"

It's the episode where Bartlet decides whether or not to seek re-election. The last few minutes are just the most awsomely powerful piece of television; the music is Brothers In Arms by Dire Straits, there's a storm raging outside, and when asked at the press conference if he'll stand for re-election, he just puts his hands into his pockets and looks into the middle distance - and you know exactly what he's going to do.

Watch the last 6 minutes here:

An old acting buddy of mine was in an episode of Ashes To Ashes. He was Paul Thordy in S3 ep6 (the one who was locked up and crazy, screaming that he was Sam Tyler). :)

In Life on Mars my friend played Dicky Fingers!!! (need classier friends)