Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon

SueK

Now, you see, this is what happens when you start getting into a book and that duly throws up other reading opportunities.:blush:

I'm almost at the end of Suspicions of Mr Whicher (this has taken me soooooo long to read) but I'm persevering and pleased that I have. Those that have read this book will know that it makes reference to lots of other books, either fiction or non, on a similar subject. Wilkie Collins' Lady in White is one of those profiled (which I read a while back and enjoyed it). Another book mentioned is the title of this thread which apparently took England by storm when it was published as it was the nearest fictional account to the Road Hill House case. I subsequently looked up more about Lady Audley's Secret, found it to be a best seller and have now ordered it.:lol:

Has anyone read it?

• 1 year later...

Hi Sue,

Lady Audley's Secret is not one of the most popular classics, but one worth taking to bed, in my opinion. I read it as an undergrad student. I see you posted this several months ago, how did you enjoy the book?

I almost forgot about this post. I read it quite a while back now, after having read The Suspicions of Mr Whicher - the story of which gave rise to Lady Audley. I loved it and found it quite an easy read (for a classic).