Leah's Reading Blog

leah86

I finished Two Women today and I have to say that overall I enjoyed. I felt I wa eager to pick it up and reluctant to put it back down,which is always a good sign. Although there were parts of it that I found hard to read,I think partly,as a mother. I think that Martina Cole novels are widely known to contain violence but there were parts of this book,I felt,that were just slightly excessive,but thats just my opinion and maybe other readers would think differently and see it as just necessary to the story.. An one else read this book?

• 2 months later...

Finished Empire of the Sun. Just about to start This Charming Man by Marian Keyes,really looking forward to this one as I'm a big fan of Marian Keyes. Also got back into the swing of reading after temporarily losing my reading mojo so I'm all ready to go!

Loving This Charming Man. Marian Keyes is so witty and her books always make me smile. I'm flying along now with this book,really enjoying it.

I loved this one, too, Leah. :friends0: Her witty and snappy dialogue is hilarious.. I hope she comes out with another book soon! I'll have to check her site to see when another is due. :razz:

• 1 month later...

Well,I started Perfect Match - Jodi Picoult on Thursday evening and finished today at around 1.30pm. Loved it,as I do with most of Jodi Picoult's books. Borrowed it from the library on a whim on Thursday,just happened to see it and as it was one of hre books I hadn't read,Iwhipped i up. As a mother,it really made me think about how I would cope,or not cope in the same situation and weather I thought the actions taken by cerain characters in the book were right or wrong. As with most of her books,very thought provoking and plenty of twists and turns.

What did you think of empire Of the Sun? i enjoyed it but I found it quite upsetting to read at times!

I have to admit it wasn't uite my cup of tea. I never really got into at all. Funnily enough,for a person who gets emotional quite easily (!) I can't say that I felt any emotion toward any of the characters in this book,I felt I was very far removed from it. Alot of it I found uite boring,to be honest and I really struggled to finish it. Funnily enough,quite a few people had recommended it to me,but it just wasn't for me.

I loved this one, too, Leah. :D Her witty and snappy dialogue is hilarious.. I hope she comes out with another book soon! I'll have to check her site to see when another is due. :D

I agree,she really made me laugh out loud at times:lol: Good idea,must do that also. I think there are a few of her books that I haven't read also,will try and get my hands on them. Have you read any of her other books?;)

I agree,she really made me laugh out loud at times:lol: Good idea,must do that also. I think there are a few of her books that I haven't read also,will try and get my hands on them. Have you read any of her other books?:lol:

I've read 'Watermelon', 'Sushi for Beginners', The Other Side of the Story' and a couple of others I think which I can't recall. They were all much, MUCH funnier and lighter than 'This Charming Man' which I was very disappointed with.

I think one of my favourite books from MK was the one full of her articles, can you recall it's name? I wouldn't mind reading it again as that one was fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I think one of my favourite books from MK was the one full of her articles, can you recall it's name? I wouldn't mind reading it again as that one was fun.

Would they be Under the Duvet and Further Under the Duvet? :)

• 1 month later...

Oh I've never read Under the Duvet or Further under the Duvet,must seek them out.. I've read Watermelon,Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married and The Other Side of the Story..brilliant.

Finished East of Eden 2 days ago-so-so,no real direction witht he story,I though. !79 pages into Somebody Else's Kids-Torey Hayden,a re-read,good book.