Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris

Kell

it would appear to me that more ladies rather than gents have read or are reading the sookie series...is that so? does it matter?

Well I doubt you'll get quite the same from Eric, or Alcide, or Quinn as us ladies but I don't think that really matters! :friends0:

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I discovered this series after watching Season 1 of True Blood

I think I had heard of it prior, but not gotten around to trying it

I do quite like the books, have read up to book 6 so far since i started reading them in January :lol:

Some i think are more entertaining than others. I prefer Eric has a character to Bill, probably because i feel he may have more back story too, be nice to have more back story with the vampires

Little concerned to see Sookie going from a well brought up woman, careful about how she gets involved with - to a hussy :friends0: Spacks a bit of the Anita Blake series, and i do hope it doesnt get that bad

• 3 months later...

I read it last weekend. I liked it (how could I not? :D), but I felt that everything had built to the huge events at the end of the previous book, and this was a sort of a chance for everyone to do a bit of healing and catch their breath. My feelings are that the series will move forward from now on with the introduction of some new characters, and I actually hope that it might perhaps start moving in a different direction?

I've read it too, I didn't enjoy it as much as some of the others, but it was great to read something new.

Me too. I hope they start to introduce new characters too Chesilbeach.

I really liked

Sookie getting to know Hunter a little better

and would like to read more of that but I wasn't to keen on the ending.

The fairytale kiss to remove Dermot's spell and three-fairies-in-a-bed made me cringe!

:D

I'm looking forward to finding out what will happen with

Victor

and think that this book was maybe a filler in between all the action of the last book and (hopefully) all the

action that could happen with Victor

Does anyone have any theories about possible storylines?

Here's to another year of waiting! :D

Oh god, don't say that!! :D I'm not sure about storylines, I guess I hope

Sookie and Eric stay together

, and also that there's a bit more action in the next one.

Me too.....I hope they do. I suppose now that

Bill's got his 'Sister', he won't be needing Sookie. Sam has that crazy werewolf and I don't think Alcide isn't in the picture anymore

so here's hoping eh ;)

I'd also love a bit more action!

• 1 month later...

I read the books in last year(thanks to weave and her bookring!) and really liked them, so I got my own copies this year. They aren't equally good imo, but a really nice read. I always wanted to know what happens next, if I finished one of the books.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

“Dead Reckoning,” the 12th installment in author Charlaine Harris‘ Sookie Stackhouse mystery series, is set to arrive this May — not long before the hit TV series inspired by the franchise, HBO’s “True Blood,” returns for a fourth season — but the novelist now is looking ahead to the conclusion of her long-running saga.

“Truthfully, the next two books will probably be the last two books in the series,” Harris said last week. “I still love Sookie, but I’m beginning to want to write something else, and Sookie’s kind of taken over my life. I was able to write other things for the first few years I was involved in Sookie, but then after the start of the television show she took over so much of my time because of my increased publicity obligations that it’s been very hard to write other things, and I really need to do that.”

I had a feeling it was beginning to wind up towards a conclusion. I'll be sad when they're all finished, but at the same time, I think it's ending at the right time - better to go out on top than jump the shark!

I agree. Better to go out on top.

I am reading a bounty hunter series which I love but the 17th book is out this year and that is not including the 3-4 in between the numbers books. I find that the series has run it course and every book is the same type of storyline, you know what is going to happen. I think the author should have wound up the series a few books back so I really think Charlaine Harris is doing the right thing even though I would miss them so much.

Edited by Shin

I really like the Sookie Stackhouse series but was extremely disappointed in the last book. Nothing really evolved from the previous books and really, it just felt like a book of short stories disguised as a novel. I really hope the next book is an improvement.

• 2 months later...

I recently read Dead Until Dark and was quite disappointed. I love the tv series, loved Laurell Hamilton's Anita Blake series so the genre isn't all bad, but this book just seemed so.. bland. I wasn't impressed. Do they become better? If you guys say no, I won't bother with the rest. ;)

Well it arrived this morning....good timing as I had just finished reading The Leopard....nearly done with it.....agree that it's not as good as the others

Edited by tishwebb

I agree, I would have liked Eric to have been more like himself!! I look forward to the new ones coming out as I want to know what is happening with the characters. All in all though.....Not the best one but I still enjoyed it :lol:

• 1 month later...

I recently read Dead Until Dark and was quite disappointed. I love the tv series, loved Laurell Hamilton's Anita Blake series so the genre isn't all bad, but this book just seemed so.. bland. I wasn't impressed. Do they become better? If you guys say no, I won't bother with the rest. ;)

I'd say they get better. I got stuck on the first one too but once I got through it and on to the next one, I couldn't stop and before I realized I had gotten through 7 of them in a hurry!