New Films You're Waiting To See

Guest Vince

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;)

I heard there is a sequel to Donnie Darko which may come out in cinemas this year, it's not by the same director or anything apparently. I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out, but not getting my hopes up.

I haven't seen Donnie whatshisname .. isn't that about a giant rabbit or sommat?

It's a brilliant movie, more of a mind**** than anything, there is a large rabbit in it, but it's not as stupid as it sounds, it's very very interesting and somehow i find it all very evocative and darkly beautiful to watch.

Charm, Donnie Darko is basically about tangent universes, a weird kid who gets caught in one, and the movie is about him working out that the world is going to end, and how he is to fix it. It's a dark philosophical venture. And it's epic. The rabbit is frank, the 'messenger', if you will, who helps Donnie understand what he needs to do to fix the timeline.

:006: Well it's better than Kevin and Perry Go Large either way :friends0:

Postman Pat is better than Kevin and Perry, but I ain't about to watch it! :006:

Charm, Donnie Darko is basically about tangent universes, a weird kid who gets caught in one, and the movie is about him working out that the world is going to end, and how he is to fix it. It's a dark philosophical venture. And it's epic. The rabbit is frank, the 'messenger', if you will, who helps Donnie understand what he needs to do to fix the timeline.

Like I said ... 'interesting'. ;)

I know, I was just pointing out it's not a horror, and it's not about a giant rabbit. It's about philosophical theories.

I know, I was just teasing. :friends0:I'm gonna go now and leave you younguns to it. Don't forget to turn out the lights! .. on the other hand ... Rawr? Maybe you should leave yours on son ;)

I know, I was just teasing. :friends0:I'm gonna go now and leave you younguns to it. Don't forget to turn out the lights! .. on the other hand ... Rawr? Maybe you should leave yours on son :006:

Hahaha thanks to you two, i shall for a while! ;):006:

Donnie Darko was an excellent film! And I'm sure Roxi knows that the lovely Mr. Rathbone is in the new S. Darko film ;).

I forgot that one of my fave directors Spike Jonze has done a film of Where the Wild Things Are. I think it's out this autumn with all the rest of the films I want to see!