Jeffery Archer

Esiotrot

Whilst cleaning out a cupboard today I found a box set of Jeffery Archer that I dont even remember buying. It contains

A Twist in the Tale

The Prodigal Daughter

Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less

A Quiver Full of Arrows

First Amongst Equals

I havent read any JA but my Mums favourite book is Kane and Able.

I did a search on here but didnt find anything much on him, so wondered ~ any opinions?

MTIA

Kx

I read Kane and Abel when I was still at school and enjoyed it very much (that was about '81 from memory).

I've also read The Prodigal Daughter (Kane and Abel's sequel), Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less (which I really enjoyed), Shall We Tell The President? (Ditto), First Amongst Equals (I can't remember much about this) and As The Crow Flies (at which time I stopped because I didn't enjoy that as much!).

Again, apart from the last of those I read the rest in the early 1980s when I was about 17 or so.

I read A Quiver Full of Arrows too - that's short stories, as is the Red Herrings one (which I haven't read).

Obviously my reading was done when Jeffery was less notorious!

Actually, I might dig out my copy of Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less and re-read it one of these days!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Folks - Think I will read Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less.

I have to admit to thinking the guy is a pompous lying prat and I wouldnt normally want to fund a criminals bank balance but am willing to give his books a go as I already have them.

• 3 years later...

The only thing I've read by him is "And thereby hangs a tale" which is a short story collection. As z10 said, fluently written and competent enough, but at the end of most of the stories I thought "Oh. Is that it?" If there was a twist, it was almost always immediately apparent what it was going to be from the first paragraph. Maybe the full novels are better, but I certainly wasn't encouraged to read further based on that book.