Jump to content

Winter is coming


Recommended Posts

On 26/07/2022 at 3:08 PM, Madeleine said:

Just before the hottest day of the year last week, my mum was sent a reminder to book her winter flu jab.

Oh heck! Mind you, it could take some time, possibly October, before they have the flu vaccine clinics for 50+ age group. *sign*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep and it won't be free this year, I don't mind paying for the vaccine but did you know that doctors' surgeries get a payment (£15 last year I heard) for every vaccine they give, which surely is part of their job?  Our local Tesco's was only charging £9 for the flu jab last year so that's quite a mark up.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Yep and it won't be free this year, I don't mind paying for the vaccine but did you know that doctors' surgeries get a payment (£15 last year I heard) for every vaccine they give, which surely is part of their job?  Our local Tesco's was only charging £9 for the flu jab last year so that's quite a mark up.....

Whaaaaaaat! We have to pay for 'flu vaccine this year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Whaaaaaaat! We have to pay for 'flu vaccine this year?

Just the people who don’t qualify for free flu vaccine will have to pay at Pharmacies. You would normally qualify for being your Dad’s carer, and still get it.
 

I’ve looked at criteria in Boots chemist website for who get it free, though it’s not very helpful, for me. I have been getting it free for years (as I had a stoke), but it doesn’t actually mention stroke as a criteria for free flu vaccine!

 

I’ll just wait until I get a text message for my GP, when they are in stock of vaccine & clinics organised. That’s the usual way anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marie H said:

Just the people who don’t qualify for free flu vaccine will have to pay at Pharmacies. You would normally qualify for being your Dad’s carer, and still get it.

Phew. I was actually thinking of my dad. He's quite happy to get the jag now but if he had to pay for it he wouldn't. He was brought up to believe that medicine of all kinds is positively evil and that the body heals itself. It's a constant battle and introducing having to pay for it would end it. I asked at a local pharmacy how much they were charging for Covid jags, in the early days, and was quoted £15! 
 

I do hope that you get sorted and for free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...