The Like Button Trial

Hayley

As I'm sure you will all notice today, we now have a 'like' button! There are a number of options relating to this function and so far I have selected the following:

• You can 'like', 'thanks' or 'haha' to somebody else's post.
  • All three of the options above award you one 'point' of reputation and you can see your reputation on your profile.
  • There is a Leaderboard (you can see this at the top of your screen under the 'Browse' options) where the most 'liked' content will appear. 

Other available options (which I've not selected) include highlighting posts with positive reputation and the ability to give neutral or negative reactions to posts.

This is a trial and I'd really appreciate your feedback on it. We can and will edit this function to suit the forum. I realise, for example, that while some may find the leaderboard to be a fun way of encouraging more interaction on the forum, there is a possibility that others may find it stressful.

On that note, if you have any comments or concerns about the new feature that you don't want to share with everyone, please feel free to send a private message to me. 

P.S. I've enabled this following some work that's been carried out 'behind the scenes' of the forum - which makes it a lot less likely that we'll experience tech issues with new features! :) 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I can't find it

InkedLike Button.jpg

Does your screen look like this? There should be a heart on the right (that is the 'like' button) and a new counter underneath your profile picture (your 'reputation'). 

Excuse the bad drawing, I'm using my laptop mousepad...

Edit: you won't be able to see it on your own posts, only on other people's posts. 

Okay I've just done one last trial thing but if that doesn't work we might have to hold this thought until after our update because I can't actually use the thing I think we might need right now. I'll get back to you!

3 hours ago, Hux said:

The 🧡 is there but when I press it, a box comes up saying: ❕ Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content.

Ah! Right, well at least I did something. There were two actual problems. One was that there's an option to limit the number of 'likes' each member can make in a day and (for some reason) they were all set to 0. I think changing that is the reason you can all see the heart now. The other issue is that that you don't have permission to 'react' to other posts. Unfortunately, and this is where I became stuck, I can't actually give you permission because the button for that doesn't appear on our control panel. It's not in the same place as the other permissions, so I've never noticed it before. There should be a little button next to each group for me to select and, though the list is there, the buttons are not. 

On the other hand, I'm expecting news on the update very soon, so this shouldn't have to wait long :) . I'll disable the button temporarily so it doesn't confuse anyone. 

• 5 weeks later...