Where Did You All Disappear To?

lunababymoonchild

It wasn't just you, I could not access the forum all day either. No one could. @Hayley contacted the server people, they were having some issues but it looks like things are fixed now.

For the future, here is the BCF Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Bookclubforum, if BCF is down Hayley will usually put up an update there.

There is also a BCF group on FaceBook, though it mostly contains people from before Hayley took over the forum from Michelle, and there hasn't been activity in 11 weeks as of me writing this. Still, here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/00bcf

Obviously if BCF is down you won't be able to check this post for those links, so for anyone who'd like please save them on your computer/phone/device oslt somewhere.

22 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I was wondering if I'd been thrown out too :wibbly: 

23 hours ago, muggle not said:

I thought everyone was mad at me and I was kicked out.  :o

Aww, never :hug:

Our hosts were having an issue with dns connections (they hadn't worked out exactly what was going wrong at the time I spoke to them) but it affected a lot of websites. As Athena said above, I will always keep our Twitter page updated if the forum is ever offline for any reason, or you can email me at hayleyflynnbcf@gmail.com :).

I should point out that I don't have anything to do with the Facebook page, or have a Facebook account, so I won't be able to update there directly.

7 hours ago, Hayley said:

Aww, never :hug:

Our hosts were having an issue with dns connections (they hadn't worked out exactly what was going wrong at the time I spoke to them) but it affected a lot of websites. As Athena said above, I will always keep our Twitter page updated if the forum is ever offline for any reason, or you can email me at hayleyflynnbcf@gmail.com :).

I should point out that I don't have anything to do with the Facebook page, or have a Facebook account, so I won't be able to update there directly.

5 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Thank you Hayley

Me too. Thank you Hayley

On 09/12/2021 at 4:30 PM, lunababymoonchild said:

I was wondering if I'd been thrown out too :wibbly: 

On 09/12/2021 at 4:03 PM, muggle not said:

I thought everyone was mad at me and I was kicked out.  :o

I would also like to add that I think we would be highly unlikely to outright ban someone who has a history of positive contribution to the forum such as both of you. Even if there was something that broke our rules we would speak to you about it via PM before any action was taken unless it was something hideously egregious. We are acutely aware that people like yourselves who post regularly are the lifeblood of a forum and we do try to avoid banning people, even new members, unless its plainly clear that they are here to spam and nothing else.

9 hours ago, Brian. said:

I would also like to add that I think we would be highly unlikely to outright ban someone who has a history of positive contribution to the forum such as both of you. Even if there was something that broke our rules we would speak to you about it via PM before any action was taken unless it was something hideously egregious. We are acutely aware that people like yourselves who post regularly are the lifeblood of a forum and we do try to avoid banning people, even new members, unless its plainly clear that they are here to spam and nothing else.

Phew.  I love being here and because the disappearance was so swift I panicked.  Thank you for that.