The Best Film Soundtrack?

Hayley

I started thinking about this (thanks to Raven and Classic fm) and now I can't stop.

What do you think is the best film score/ soundtrack??

I'm going to start with a potentially controversial one but the first thing that came to my mind was the Jurassic Park theme. I just always loved it and it really sounds like discovery and adventure to me. 

I also always loved the theme from The Secret Garden, but I don't think it's technically as good:

The Secret Garden Piano Theme Music - YouTube

1 hour ago, Hayley said:

I started thinking about Raven (thanks to Classic fm) and now I can't stop.

Well, you're only human.

1 hour ago, Hayley said:

What do you think is the best film score/ soundtrack??

This might take a while... (expect a long post!)

Mine varies, Jaws is a very clever use of music, then of course there is Star Wars, which is iconic - both by John Williams.  Lord of the Rings is also stunning.  I don't really think I have a favourite as such, different types of music suit different genres of film.

You all are too young to have seen the Movie Picnic starring William Holden and Kim Novak but the dance scene and music....Moonglow / Picnic are pretty good.

You need to watch at least half of the Dance scene to get to the good part of the music.

https://youtu.be/_DBoMIi8bYc

Edited by muggle not

Madeleine's films are the only ones so far that I've actually seen but I'm discovering a lot of lovely new music from this thread! 

On 10/04/2021 at 12:32 AM, Hux said:

The Double Life of Veronique (1991)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aie5Z7HfHhA

I know it's the point, so cleverly done, but this is really intense and kind of disturbing!

1 hour ago, Hayley said:

Madeleine's films are the only ones so far that I've actually seen but I'm discovering a lot of lovely new music from this thread! 

I know it's the point, so cleverly done, but this is really intense and kind of disturbing!

It's a beautiful film with a beautiful score.

About a woman who discovers she has a strange connection with an identical doppelganger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqcgpRf31zU

Edited by Hux

4 minutes ago, Hux said:

It's a beautiful film with a beautiful score.

About a woman who discovers she has a strange connection with an identical doppelganger.

Maybe disturbing was the wrong word, it has negative connotations that I didn't actually mean. The film looks really intriguing. Haunting was probably closer to what I meant. It is beautiful but it has a surreal quality and it feels quite emotionally complicated, if that makes sense. 

2 hours ago, Hayley said:

Maybe disturbing was the wrong word, it has negative connotations that I didn't actually mean. The film looks really intriguing. Haunting was probably closer to what I meant. It is beautiful but it has a surreal quality and it feels quite emotionally complicated, if that makes sense. 

Disturbing works as a description. It's all of those things.