Hot Weather Favorites

Echo

Given that so many of us are dealing with heatwaves at the moment (90F coming this Sunday...oh, joy), I thought we might share some of our favorite hot weather food and drink recipes. Something that helps you beat the heat, so to speak.

Me, I love a sweet iced tea or lemonade, cold grapes from the fridge, a peanut butter and honey sandwich with a cold glass of milk, or I just wallow in the heat and eat tacos, enchiladas, or quesadillas. Love me some Mexican food!

What are your hot weather favorites?

Pasta! I've been eating tonnes of it in this weather, with mediterranean type sauces.

I've also been munching on crisps, tortilla chips, and some mexican food. I've had quite a few BBQs so lots of burgers. And lots of salad!

Grilled fresh sardines! I’ve got a craving for salty foods in this weather. Strange, because normally I’m a carnivore and not particularly fond of fish. I’ve also been snacking on crisps and salted nuts. 

As for dessert, I’m eating more fresh fruit than usual, blueberries ( with plain yogurt) strawberries and especially cherries.

I love cherries!