Books Recommendations!!

Please I want books recommendations within in one of these topics/genres:

• - Novel of classical literature
  • - Romance with a military guy (like "A distant melody" by Sarah Sundin)
  • - Books about history (but with a story)
  • - Books about bipolar world or world war

If you wanted a more adult book, I'd suggest Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. It's historical, with far less fiction (unless a minor case of time travel bugs you :)). It has romance, war, basically anything Mrs. Gabaldon could research. It is a long read, and it preludes to a lengthy series, but it is quite an interesting read!

On 11/06/2018 at 11:03 PM, Carina said:

Please I want books recommendations within in one of these topics/genres:

• - Novel of classical literature
  • - Romance with a military guy (like "A distant melody" by Sarah Sundin)
  • - Books about history (but with a story)
  • - Books about bipolar world or world war

These leave a fairly massive range of books, so it would help to know what some of what you've already read or what you're interested in within those genres..  Classical literature for instance is huge, so any authors/specific books that you've read and enjoyed?  Narrative history is probably even bigger - any particular era, place, type (military, social, political etc) or authors you've enjoyed or interested in? Or do you mean historical fiction, which is how sasireader appears to have interpreted it?  Books about world war - fiction? non-fiction? any particular world war? any aspects?  Again, what have you read (no point producing a list to find that you've read them all!)?

Can't help you with the romance, but I've read and enjoyed a fair bit related to the others over the years.!

Edited by willoyd

If you like the atmosphere of World War II, I highly recommand you In the garden of Beasts by Erik Larson. The historical story is true, such as the characters, but it's written as a novel. I've read it very quickly ! 

Sorry about my English grammar... I'm French