Vandals sentenced to read books about racism and antisemitism

chesilbeach

That's fantastic! What a great idea.  Books can have a huge influence on you when you're young. I still remember the impact reading the school set books Black Like Me and The Grapes of Wrath, had on me. I hope more judges pick up on this way of dealing with mindless bigotry.

That's a really good idea. Hopefully these boys will learn their lesson.

In the meantime, I'm off to break Stephen King's windows, so I can be sentenced to read all his books!

That's a really good idea. Hopefully these boys will learn their lesson.

In the meantime, I'm off to break Stephen King's windows, so I can be sentenced to read all his books!

Sorry Ian, tearaways like you need to learn to sit quietly and not be over-stimulated by the likes of Stephen King novels! You will be prescribed, 'The Wonderful World of Concrete' and 'An In Depth Study of the Colour Beige, the Non-Illustrated Edition.' :tease:

Edited by poppy

Sorry Ian, tearaways like you need to learn to sit quietly and not be over-stimulated by the likes of Stephen King novels! You will be prescribed, 'The Wonderful World of Concrete' and 'An In Depth Study of the Colour Beige, the Non-Illustrated Edition.' :tease:

Fifty shades of beige? :P

I read about someone that's been buying hundreds of copies of 1984 from an indie bookstore in San Francisco and just leaving them on the corner. Two other people have done similar with The Handmaid's Tale and Erik Larson's In the Garden of Beasts. All were gone within the days they were left. :)