What Are You Watching Now? - 2017

Athena

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the first episode of the Finnish Gogglebox! :wub: We've been waiting for this show forever! <3  (One of the old couples had gotten a dog, and one of the new 'couples' had a Bulldog! :wub: What a wonderful plus to watching the show :wub:

Edit: Now watching Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Have never watched this before (I did watch L&O years and years ago) but caught the first few minutes and this case seems interesting. 

Edited by frankie

Okay I just decided to watch a random British episode of Gogglebox and I was quite enjoying it, but then there was the episode of 999 What's Your Emergency or something like that that they were watching and there was an 86 year old man whose wife had gone unconcious and she died and they'd been together for 66 years and it was so sad and I don't want to watch the British Gogglebox anymore :no:

Edited by frankie

Aww sorry to hear about that, Frankie. They do show some really sad parts of television on it but some really great more happy parts too I promise :)

My God 66 years! That is amazing. Bless their hearts!

I am currently watching back in time for dinner. This one is going back to the 1920s.

Aww sorry to hear about that, Frankie. They do show some really sad parts of television on it but some really great more happy parts too I promise :)

My God 66 years! That is amazing. Bless their hearts!

Yes I'm sure it's usually more uplifting, but this episode featured the death of the woman (and even the Gogglebox people said they were surprised it was shown on TV), and also some politicians doing a nasty and someone getting sued for charges of paedophilia. That seemed like quite a lot for one night! And I only watched maybe 30 minutes, tops!

I turned to Distraction instead, having recently talked about the show to someone and wanting to see if there were episodes on youtube. Oh man this show is hilarious :D This is too much! :D 

We've been watching Top Of The Pops 1983 - it's been brilliant!!!  Just like being 12 years old again, and I can actually remember some of these performances from the first time around.  BBC Four have been showing them (although they have had to cut out some shows because of the recent findings about some presenters) from 1981 onwards, and while 1981 and 1982 were a bit hit and miss, 1983 so far has been fantastic.  Particularly enjoying seeing Wham! and Bananarama, and we've also just seen the first Eurythmics song appear too.

I've watched about 75% of to Walk Invisible, the drama about the Brontes which was on over Xmas, and really enjoying it, very well-acted, and the scenery is gorgeous, although some of the village scenes are obviously sets and backdrops.

Just rewatched the drama/documentary about Terry Pratchett - Back in Black. They didn't want to film the usual tribute programme with various celeb talking heads (though there is a bit of that here .. notably Neil Gaiman who will break your heart and Val McDermid who drops a bit of a plot spoiler concerning the last Discworld book) so the only way to do it was to get Terry to relate his life story and as Death hasn't yet given him back (as per petition) they needed an actor who could convincingly play him. Paul Kaye does a marvellous job .. I forgot after a while that it wasn't Terry. Great programme .. I really must read Terry's books. I know a lot of them as I've listened to them read by the marvellous Tony Robinson .. but they are abridged .. I'm only getting half the story. Despite Neil Gaiman's misgivings .. I must go back to the beginning and to The Colour of Magic. Might make it a challenge :)