What Are You Watching Now? - 2017

Athena

One of my colleagues at work is watching Spaced for the first time (after me pestering him for years because I knew he'd love it) so we're rematching it ourselves so I can chat about it with him and know the details of each episode!  Another convert :lol:

I love Spaced!  No-one else I know has heard of it, but it's one of my favourites.  That and Black Books.  So funny.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Spaced!  No-one else I know has heard of it, but it's one of my favourites.  That and Black Books.  So funny.

I know! We're up to episode 2 of series 2 - personally, I prefer the second series over the first, but all excellent.  Such a shame there's only 14 episodes :( but I guess better to leave it at that so they're all brilliant rather than go on and it not be so good.  You can see where all the inspiration for Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and World's End came from.

WAYYY! :o He must've been young but he totally looked like Logan. Only younger. But not like a 12yo-young. He was playing a high school student. I think he was playing someone who was 16-17 years old or something. I have to google how old the actor is... Okay he was born in 1977 (he looks our age, not -77!! :o ), so when the series was filmed, he was ... 22-23 :o  Oh wow, he'll be 40 this year!! When he played Logan, he was... 26? Okay, so he is a young face and plays younger-than-he-really-is characters. 

Wow! He never seems to age, does he? He still has such a boyish face. I love his smile.  :wub:

I've been watching The L Word lately. I saw a few episodes when it originally aired, and I'd been meaning to watch the rest. Decent show, for the most part.

Watched the first one of Neil Brand's new series last night - The Sound of Musicals - all about the history of stage musicals.  Lovely hearing about the origins of shows like Show Boat, Carousel and Oklahoma!  There was also a piece about My Fair Lady and how Julie Andrews was an unknown before then, and the tough process she had to go through to prepare for the role, as well as some great archive footage. 

I used to watch Blindspot but had to stop due to all the shaky camera work, which made me feel sick and dizzy!  Had a look on imdb and it seems I'm not the only one, hope it's improved with the second series.

Watched the first one of Neil Brand's new series last night - The Sound of Musicals - all about the history of stage musicals.  Lovely hearing about the origins of shows like Show Boat, Carousel and Oklahoma!  There was also a piece about My Fair Lady and how Julie Andrews was an unknown before then, and the tough process she had to go through to prepare for the role, as well as some great archive footage. 

I recorded that, I'm looking forward to watching it. :) I also recorded Show Boat and Carousel over Xmas as I've never seen them.

I'm currently watching Timeless, This is Us, Uncle and series 5 of Girls, which has just come back on NowTV.

We've started watching the new Doctor Who spin-off series, Class.  I've seen the first two episodes so far, and it's been pretty good - far more enjoyable than the main series, which I have to be honest, I've given up on and haven't even watched the last two series.