What Are You Watching Now? - 2017

Athena

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the first eps of Top of the Lake : China Girl ( fantastic) and Midnight Texas ( okay, sticking with it )

I'm up to date with Twin Peaks ( Erm, except for tonight's ep ) , up to ep 4 of Outlander, have watched a couple of eps of a Flemish whodunit called Professor T ( okay ), and am still loving Inspector Montalbano. :)

On 8/30/2017 at 1:14 AM, Little Pixie said:

I watched the first eps of Top of the Lake : China Girl ( fantastic) and Midnight Texas ( okay, sticking with it )

I'm up to date with Twin Peaks ( Erm, except for tonight's ep ) , up to ep 4 of Outlander, have watched a couple of eps of a Flemish whodunit called Professor T ( okay ), and am still loving Inspector Montalbano. :)

I've seen the first three of TofL: CG - like it so far, and totally behind with Twin Peaks. I think we've only seen the first 2 or 3 so far, so we need to have a bit of a run at it before in disappears off Now TV in 25 days!

We've also been watching Preacher series 2, started the first ep of Defenders, all of GoT (obviously) :) and started the new series of Doctor Foster. 

Oh, I also watched that spanish series,  I Know Who You Are, which I enjoyed. 

Spoiler

I can't believe they left it on a cliffhanger though! :o

9 hours ago, More reading time required said:

I've seen the first three of TofL: CG - like it so far, and totally behind with Twin Peaks. I think we've only seen the first 2 or 3 so far, so we need to have a bit of a run at it before in disappears off Now TV in 25 days!

We've also been watching Preacher series 2, started the first ep of Defenders, all of GoT (obviously) :) and started the new series of Doctor Foster. 

Oh, I also watched that spanish series,  I Know Who You Are, which I enjoyed. 

Reveal hidden contents

I can't believe they left it on a cliffhanger though! :o

I couldn't believe it either, the fiends !! :o I thought it was excellent, really enjoyed it. Hopefully we get the final six eps this year. :)

I finished Twin Peaks - fantastic, if only for the Lynchian aficionado. :)  I can't tell you my very favourite bit, cos you haven't got to it yet. ;)

I've seen the first two eps of China Girl now - loving Gwendoline Thingy in it. :)

We've been watching the BBC adaptation of the first Strike book by Robert Galbraith. Perhaps a little bit slow, but we all enjoyed it nonetheless. Looking forward to The Silkworm tonight!

• 3 weeks later...

Doctor Foster - a bit of ridiculous fun and yet devastating too. :(

Bake Off - I felt guilty for watching it at first, but am now just as hooked as before. (Mel & Sue are still better though -_-)

The Handmaid's Tale - 3 eps in so far and liking it

People Just Do Nothing  series 1 -4 : Missed this the first time around and raced through all the eps over the weekend before they disappeared off iPlayer

I have been watching Orphan Black, a thriller series about the consequences and implications of cloning. There are 50 episodes in all, been watching two a week, done 14 so far. The actress (Tatiana Maslaney) who plays all the different clones does an amazing job. 

10 hours ago, vodkafan said:

I have been watching Orphan Black, a thriller series about the consequences and implications of cloning. There are 50 episodes in all, been watching two a week, done 14 so far. The actress (Tatiana Maslaney) who plays all the different clones does an amazing job. 

I loved that show, then the Beeb stopped showing it ! Grrr. I`m waiting for the final season, then I can get the big box set and catch up. :)

Up to S8 of Stargate SG 1 :)

Hurray, New shows this week : Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Shannara Chronicles S2.

Still watching Professor T, a Flemish police procedural. The first ep was a bit wobbly, but it's now one of my favourite shows. :)

Also watching repeats of Beck on BBC .

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:46 PM, Little Pixie said:

Hurray, New shows this week : Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow,

That is my tv sorted out, looked forward to these returning.

Getting to the last few weeks of competition on the UK showing of MasterChef Australia.  This series is one of the highlights of our telly viewing in our house, and this series has been fantastic.  I've managed to avoid spoilers of who wins, so I've still got my fingers crossed for my favourites. :D

Also watching Strictly Come Dancing, Great British Bake Off, Taskmaster and the utterly hilarious W1A.  Haven't seen this weeks episode yet, but it's on the planner for tonight.  Oh, and reliving my youth with Top of the Pops 1984. :giggle2: 

On 10/16/2017 at 10:46 PM, Little Pixie said:

Hurray, New shows this week : Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Shannara Chronicles S2.

I love how Supergirl is casting so many previous Superman/Supergirl actors - first Dean Cain and Helen Slater.  Now we seem to be in the midst of a Lois Lane-off - Teri Hatcher last season, now Erica Durance :D

4 hours ago, Karsa Orlong said:

I love how Supergirl is casting so many previous Superman/Supergirl actors - first Dean Cain and Helen Slater.  Now we seem to be in the midst of a Lois Lane-off - Teri Hatcher last season, now Erica Durance :D

Oh dear, must get back to watching Smallville. Sometime. :blush:

i thought Supergirl was okay, Liked Legends, thought The Flash was a bit meh. Still got Arrow and Shannara to go. :) 

2 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

Oh dear, must get back to watching Smallville. Sometime. :blush:

i thought Supergirl was okay, Liked Legends, thought The Flash was a bit meh. Still got Arrow and Shannara to go. :) 

Supergirl's pretty much the only one I'm watching now - and, as you say, it's just okay.  I gave up on Arrow and Legends last season, and The Flash has gone downhill faster than Barry Allen can run.  Didn't even make it through one episode of Shannara :lol: