What's Up in July 2016?

Athena

It's July already! We're halfway through 2016 :o. What have you been up to?

I had my dentist appointment. Unfortunately I have a cavity so I have to come back :(. On the bright side, there was nothing else weird and my gums weren't doing too badly, so I don't have to come back for anything else (except cleaning my teeth).

I made a cake (chocolate and vanilla / plain) yesterday. It tasted good, but because I started a bit too late, we only had a small piece because it was a bit too close to dinner time. I look forward to having a bigger piece today :P.

I'm planning on a quiet weekend, with lots of reading :). Next week my sister might be coming by for a couple of days, it should be fun to spend some time with her.

This weekend is the World Championship RoboCup, with the final being played on Sunday. I think it started yesterday. While I don't plan to watch every game, I plan to at least watch the final game which I think takes place on Sunday afternoon (at least, if the Dutch team, Tech United, is in it. I'm expecting them to be).

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay we're into the second half of the year! Roll on my birthday, Halloween and Christmas! :P (Where's Janet, she'll back me up!)

I took the day off work today to tidy my room a bit and also just chill out now that I'm feeling better after a rough month. I cleared all under my bed (almost, some bottles/cans left  :blush2: ) and cleared out my second wardrobe which had literally been unusable since I moved into this house two years ago, as I dumped a load of old clothes and bedding into it that really needed to be, well, dumped. So for the last couple of weeks I've been clearing bed and cupboard by putting what would fit into the rubbish bin just before it went out (so as make sure our fortnightly rubbish had space) and now I'm basically done. I'll have maybe one more small bag of crap once I actually sweep out under the bed, and that can go in the bin monday after it's emptied. Today or tomorrow I have to buy a ton of new hangers, so I can sort out the good clothes piled at the bottom of the first wardrobe since they had no room in the second wardrobe, and have two good, organised wardrobes, with space for skirts and stuff on the bottom! This makes me so happy, it'll be the first time in my adult life that I have a room which does not have piles of years old junk taking up space, and tons of rubbish and pizza boxes shoved into corners and under the bed. Yes, I live like a teenage boy. But no more! I am determined to get this room immaculate and KEEP it that way, for the sake of my own happiness in having a clean, tidy space to live in :)

Also yesterday I got a leather skirt in new look (I'm a size 24 on my waist/hips, usually 18-20 in tops, so basically I'm all gut LOL!) and it can be tough to find nice clothes. But nope, skirt is a good fit and looks really nice on, so I'm DE-LIGHTED!  

Congrats on the big clean-out of your bedroom, Noll!  It's remarkable how cleaning out the 'clutter' in all aspects of life makes us feel so much better.  

Happy reading and visiting with your sister, Athena! :D

I had a lovely road trip the first 3 days of this week and visited with many people about history and genealogy.  I learned a lot and I feel like I'm a lot closer to gaining membership into the Daughters of the American Revolution.  Plus I love only having to work 2 days this week ;).  I'm on vacation again on Monday since it's Independence Day, a federal holiday.  No plans other than having a BBQ and maybe watching some fireworks.  

Happy 4th of July to my fellow American members!  :doowapstart:  :alc:

Noll, well done on you for doing all that cleaning :)! How nice about the leather skirt :).

Peacefield, I'm glad you had a good time. I wish you lots of fun on Monday :). Happy 4th of July to any Americans on the forum.

Thank you for the Fourth wishes! I'm getting ready to head to the beach. (Along with most everyone in a reasonable driving distance, it seems.) Monday, perhaps barbecue and fireworks?

Sounds like here, Dtrpath, where everyone and their mom goes up north to their lake cabins this weekend.  Friday morning the highway near my house was stopped dead.  I don't usually go up this weekend, because of all the people!  Have fun at the beach! :D

We went to a family cookout yesterday about 2 hours away. Had a great time and made it back home safely. Today temps reached 104 (107 according to my car). The heat is truly disrespectful, lol! Safe to say we are NOT moving around much. I did go out to Barnes and Noble for a magazine, grocery store for tomatoes and cucumbers and the PX (military base department store) for a bottle of Rum Chacata (sp?) and Fireball. It makes a WONDERFUL drink that tastes a little like eggnog. 

I was only gone about an hour but that was 45 minutes too long to be out in h3LL on earth! 

Dug up a book to read and watching Snapped. Great Sunday all the way around. 

Hubby works tomorrow and I'm not into the fireworks thing so its safe to assume tomorrow will be a repeat of today.

Sounds like here, Dtrpath, where everyone and their mom goes up north to their lake cabins this weekend.  Friday morning the highway near my house was stopped dead.  I don't usually go up this weekend, because of all the people!  Have fun at the beach! :D

Thanks! We had a great time. There's an island in the Gulf where it really empty on the one end -- maybe a dozen families even on a great day. Everyone stops at the public beach near the main bridge to the island. That's jam-packed, but if you drive down to the other end, you can get your own patch of shoreline.

We did fireworks yesterday, which was also fun.

I had an absolutely terrible night's sleep last night. I generally don't sleep well anyway but today I am just absolutely exhausted. No idea how I'm actually going to make it through the work day.

I have quite a few nights like that Noll so I can sympathise, it's horrible when you have to get up and you feel like your head's soaked in cotton wool, hope it rights itself soon. 

That beach sounds like heaven, dtr!

Not doing much today except getting my home office set up. I do my orientation on next Monday. My Apple desktop will arrive a few days later, then I'll start training.

It's really too hot to manage anything else that requires outside activity. Can't walk my Kizzy for fear that she'd suffer heat stroke.

I had a birthday on July 2, It was a big one with a 0 in it. :)

Today I picked blueberries for the first time this year. They were plentiful and big. Picked 3.5 lbs in about 35 - 40 minutes.

Big news - We are considering another move. If we follow through it will be our last relocation. Looking at Florida.

Good luck, Noll, I hope you'll be okay :(:empathy::friends0:.

I have quite a few nights like that Noll so I can sympathise, it's horrible when you have to get up and you feel like your head's soaked in cotton wool, hope it rights itself soon. 

Thank you ladies, I survived the day and had a two hour nap when I got home! Here's hoping I sleep better tonight :)

Today I picked blueberries for the first time this year. They were plentiful and big. Picked 3.5 lbs in about 35 - 40 minutes.

Big news - We are considering another move. If we follow through it will be our last relocation. Looking at Florida.

Happy Birthday for the 2nd Muggles! :sign0072: Sorry I missed it, we don't get reminders now. Hope you had a great day celebrating a 0 :D

Wow, that is BIG news! A big move for you. You have family down there?

Heading to Tallahassee today to do some shopping. We meant to go to Atlanta but got a really late start, so Tallahassee it is. Tomorrow, I go back to work, but my husband and daughter get to go to the beach.

I hope your husband and daughter have fun, shame you have to work, good luck with work though. 

Not doing much today except getting my home office set up. I do my orientation on next Monday. My Apple desktop will arrive a few days later, then I'll start training.

It's really too hot to manage anything else that requires outside activity. Can't walk my Kizzy for fear that she'd suffer heat stroke.

Good luck with the orientation. I hope it cools down for you soon. 

Happy birthday Muggle Not! 

Thank you ladies, I survived the day and had a two hour nap when I got home! Here's hoping I sleep better tonight :)

I hope you've slept better!

My sister is coming around noon and staying until Saturday afternoon, and my brother will come by tonight too!

Dtrpath, have fun in Tallahassee and boo on going back to work!  I would love to visit the SE shore of the US.  That's one area I've never been.

Happy better sleeps, Noll! :D

Have fun with your sibs, Athena, and happy belated birthday, MuggleNot!  What made you all decide to move?

I had a slight disagreement with the garbage can that was sitting at the end of my driveway this morning and managed to break off my driver's side mirror.  This was not in the plan!  I'm now trying to find a used one and plan on watching YouTube videos to help me install it.  Good times!

Dtrpath, have fun in Tallahassee and boo on going back to work!  I would love to visit the SE shore of the US.  That's one area I've never been.

I had a slight disagreement with the garbage can that was sitting at the end of my driveway this morning and managed to break off my driver's side mirror.  This was not in the plan!  I'm now trying to find a used one and plan on watching YouTube videos to help me install it.  Good times!

Thanks, we had fun. Too bad on the mirror! Brave you on the DIY install.

Enjoy time with your family, Gaia!

Thanks DTR, I am enjoying spending time with my family :)

Have fun with your sibs, Athena, and happy belated birthday, MuggleNot!  What made you all decide to move?

Thanks, Peacefield :). Good luck with the side mirror!

Hope you're enjoying your sister, Gaia!

Peace....don't let the garbage can win. Tell it who's boss, lol!!!

It;s 103 outside today. I went out simple because I was getting cabin fever. My ankle is acting up again so I had intended to find a new cane. In my haste, I gave my really pretty pink one to my sister in law. Now I need to replace it. I've learned a lesson.

While out I made a library run, a Barnes and Noble run and a stroll through Hobby Lobby where I left $60. I wanted to make some really cute gifts for my three little princess divas. I bought little canvas bags, stencils, paints, bits and bobs to make them unique. I also found a really cute 10x10 frame with three different adult coloring pictures that I can do and change up. So, this weekend will be spent doing crafty stuff. 

The cable guy is coming this evening to install the new internet line I need for work. I have to have wired cable. 

I"m really hungry and can't find anything in the house that I actually WANT to eat so I may need to make a run to the grocery store to stock up on some healthy weekend snacks and something for dinner.