What Are You Watching Now? - 2016

Athena

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've watched a few episodes of Beck and it's OK but it hasn't grabbed me so I can take it or leave it.  My favourite foreign dramas are The Bridge, Montalbano (especially the younger one :giggle2: ) and The Legacy, which is a Danish series shown on Sky Arts.

I think the original Montalbano is my favourite, followed by The Killing and Borgen.:)

I have been watching a box set I bought cheaply when I first had to stay home - Return of the Saint with Ian Ogilvy. I thought I'd last 1 episode before realising you really shouldn't expect to still like stuff you liked nearly 40 years ago but actually, I'm enjoying it for what it is. Doesn't take itself too seriously, the locations all around Europe (no back projections!) are fantastic too. Although the 1970s attitudes to women (Simon Templar seems to automatically assume every woman wants to jump into bed with him - and generally by the end of the episode they either have or "go off on holiday" with him) is hysterical on the 1 hand and rather shaming on the other. But taken for what it is, I'm enjoying it.

I'm really looking forward to Westworld starting next week - the trailers look fantastic.

Edited by Flip Martian

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched a few episodes of Beck and it's OK but it hasn't grabbed me so I can take it or leave it.  My favourite foreign dramas are The Bridge, Montalbano (especially the younger one :giggle2: ) and The Legacy, which is a Danish series shown on Sky Arts. 

I love Montalbano (the younger one)  :D

Major Crimes - excellent. :)

It is! I don't know many people who watch it. I'm slightly behind on it at the moment, but I love it. 

---

I'm currently watching Downtown Abbey a lot - Amazon Instant has it through their Prime video subscription so I'm making use of mine. 

Yesterday we watched the pilot episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation (called "Encounter at Farpoint"). I had seen this one before, but it was nice to see it again. It wasn't without its issues but overall I enjoyed watching it.

We've been making our way through CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (Las Vegas) too and are past halfway in season 8.

Shows I'm currently watching are Cold Feet (I am loving this new series and really hope it will be back), The Great British Bake Off (I usually only see the occasional episode here and there but I've really gotten into it this year) and Police Interceptors (I'm not going to lie; I love watching the bad guys get locked up, but the oh-so-lovely, easy-on-the-eye hot cops are also worth watching!).

I'm also looking for my next new addiction and after narrowing it down I think I'm going to go with Pretty Little Liars.  I don't actually know all that much about it other than that it's based on a book series, but people really seem to love it, so I think I'm going to give it a go and make a start on it this weekend.

We just finished watching Goliath, with Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt.  So. Very. Excellent.

Corporate greed, slippery lawyers, murder, illegal activities galore.  Lots of cussing, if you can't stand to hear the "F" word, don't watch it.  But the acting is phenomenal, the characters have a wonderful depth and depiction.  Some real shockers. 

This is an 8 part series, as far as I know only this one season.  It's produced by Amazon, we saw it with our Amazon Prime account for "free". 

Now that we have all the episodes for Motive we have started watching it.  So love this series.  Then we will move onto Major Crimes such a brilliant show, love the fact most of the actors are older.

The last couple of episodes seem to have disappeared from Universal, it hasn't been on for two weeks and I thought there were only a couple more to go before it finished for good, has it been moved?

My daughter and I watched the new Crystal Maze last night, with Stephen Merchant, it was alright. A lot of the puzzles seemed a bit simple though, not sure if that was just because it was a celebrity edition?! :D

Haha that says a lot about celebrity IQ levels..