What Are You Watching Now? - 2016

Athena

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the only channels we get with our measly cable package is going to start showing all 5 Star Treks! I'm so excited! *nerd* :P

Have fun :D!

We finished watching CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (Las Vegas) season 5.

We've finished the 6th season of Vera, and miss it already.  :)  I'm glad it is renewed, and that we have some of Cleeves's books to tide us over. 

We watched a lovely documentary on Bill Cunningham.  He recently passed away, but was a photographer for the New York Times for decades.  He was absolutely wonderful!  We always looked forward to his montage of street fashion.  He had a wonderfully diverse eye for the unique and interesting.  Here is a link to the DVD, https://www.amazon.com/Bill-Cunningham-York-Anna-Wintour/dp/B0050I975Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469381910&sr=8-2&keywords=bill+cunningham+new+york  and a link to one of his videos on the NYT, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/09/fashion/bill-cunningham-winter-blues-and-pinks.html?_r=0

We've finished the 6th season of Vera, and miss it already.  :)  I'm glad it is renewed, and that we have some of Cleeves's books to tide us over. 

We watched a lovely documentary on Bill Cunningham.  He recently passed away, but was a photographer for the New York Times for decades.  He was absolutely wonderful!  We always looked forward to his montage of street fashion.  He had a wonderfully diverse eye for the unique and interesting.  Here is a link to the DVD, https://www.amazon.com/Bill-Cunningham-York-Anna-Wintour/dp/B0050I975Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469381910&sr=8-2&keywords=bill+cunningham+new+york  and a link to one of his videos on the NYT, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/09/fashion/bill-cunningham-winter-blues-and-pinks.html?_r=0

I saw that docu on SKY Atlantic ! Such an interesting and gentle man. :D

Supergirl - very cheesy but I kinda like it. Tom tells me Flash & Arrow are much better but I never got into those

I enjoyed Supergirl, it's light and fluffy.  With so many other series trying to be dark and gritty I found it kind of refreshing :smile:

Just recently I've been making my way through the first season of Bosch, which is pretty good. 

Anyone else watched Stranger Things?  I've watched it over the past few days and it's proved to be a rather wonderful and unexpected delight.  It's essentially a love letter to the science fiction/supernatural/horror movies of the 80s, complete with a gang of kids (like ET or The Goonies), mysterious government agencies, other things I won't spoil, and it's just about spot on.  Think Steven Spielberg meets Stephen King via The X-Files and you get the idea :smile:

Must confess, I hadn't even heard of Stranger Things :blush: I don't think it's on telly over here :shrug: 

I've now started the 7th season of Modern Family. When I started re-watching the series, I thought I'd only seen the first two seasons but turns out I'd seen pretty much all episodes from the first five seasons and some from the sixth. At least the 7th season is all new to me! :smile2: I'm looking forward to seeing how things go. Regarding a few certain characters, especially. What a great series!! :smile2: Thanks Kylie for watching it and making me watch it, too :D 

Stranger Things is a Netflix exclusive, Frankie :)

That would explain things :D 

We are catching up with Scandal, so love this programme.  They are all characters in themselves and such fun to watch.

Scandal is great! I so loved the first season :wub: I should re-watch it before moving on to the second season. So much was happening! 

I finished watching the seventh season of Modern Family and now there's no more of it :( :( I'm missing it!  I don't know what to watch next... I'm in serious need of another 20-something-minutes comedy show to binge on! 

Started watching Brief Encounters as I was browsing a TV series site. I spotted it because of Sharon Rooney :smile2: I think it'll be a good one!! Had to stop, though, because I need to visit the library today. Will continue later. 

I finished watching the seventh season of Modern Family and now there's no more of it :( :( I'm missing it!  I don't know what to watch next... I'm in serious need of another 20-something-minutes comedy show to binge on!

I've been rewatching series 7 while sewing - I've only seen it once before, and had forgotten a lot of it, so it's been great to watch it again. Can't wait for series 8 to be shown over here later on this year! :lol:

Today, we've been switching between the England v Pakistan cricket match and the Olypmics.

We're just catching up on season 3 of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. Usual mix of good stuff and "oh REALLY? I don't think so...." plotting but it keeps dragging us back. :)

That about sums it up :lol:

I finished season 1 of Bosch.  Pretty good.  Now on season 4 of Ray Donovan, and playing catch-up with Episodes (started with season 4 and currently on season 2  :wacko: ).